Guitar virtuoso Scott Sharrard plays many roles in the Gregg Allman Band, including performer, musical director and songwriter. And as we detailed in our January 2015 interview with him, Scott uses minimal pedals. preferring to get his tone from his hands, which makes his choice of guitar of utmost importance.
In the video below, Scott demos the Ashburn from John Page Classic. Designed by John Page, a co-founder of the Fender Custom Shop, the Ashburn is a production guitar that boasts all of the custom design features found in the custom models Page builds himself.
The Ashburn is produced to John Page’s exacting design specs in a state-of-the-art workshop in Japan, then set up in the U.S. by authorized John Page Classic techs. It offers several John Page custom design advantages. Its threaded machine bolt neck assembly provides superior tone transfer and a unique complexity to overtones and harmonics. It’s equipped with Bloodline by John Page JP-1 pickups, custom voiced by Page, with the bridge pickup reverse-slanted for greater thickness and girth. The Ashburn’s bass-justified fret dots provide greater visibility. Its staggered Gotoh Vintage Style tuners reduce and, in most cases, eliminate the need for string trees.
The Ashburn retails for $1,499.
In the accompanying video, Scott puts the Ashburn through its paces to show off the wide range of tones available from the guitar’s three single-coil pickups.
Complete specs follow below the video. For more information about the Ashburn, visit the johnpageclassic.com.
Specs: The Ashburn, from John Page Classic
• Body: Alder
• Neck: Maple
• Neck/Body Attachment: Machine screws with threaded inserts
• Fingerboard: Maple or Rosewood
• Neck Shape: Medium C
• Scale Length: 25.5 inches
• Frets: 22 Nickel Silver
• Hardware: Nickel/Chrome
• Tuners: Gotoh Staggered Vintage Style
• Bridge: Gotoh 510 Tremolo
• Pickups: Bloodline by John Page JP1 single coil S-style Pickups (3)
• Controls: Master volume/tone, 5-way pickup selector allowing noise canceling in positions 2/4
• Colors: Black Metallic, Daphne Blue, Fiesta Red, Inca Silver, Olympic White, Shoreline Gold