Electro-Harmonix has debuted its new Mod 11 modulation pedal.
Featuring 11 wide-ranging types of modulation, the Mod 11 includes tap tempo controllable via the built-in footswitch, and a Momentary Mode which enables the user to switch in and out of effects mode.
The pedal comes with “hidden” parameters accessible through its Secondary Knob Mode, which according to EHX, enable the player to take greater control over its effects.
The 11 modulation types on the Mod 11, as detailed by EHX, are as follows:
- TREM – Tremolo modulates your signal’s volume. Selectable modes allow your playing envelope to control modulation rate or depth.
- HARM– Harmonic tremolo. The signal is split into high and low frequency bands and modulated between the two. Selectable modes allow your playing envelope to control modulation rate or depth.
- VIBR – Vibrato modulates your instrument’s pitch. Selectable modes allow your playing envelope to control modulation rate or depth.
- UNI – Pays homage to the classic Univibe. Includes “Chorus” and “Vibrato” modes plus added overdrive.
- CHORUS – Warbling, doubling, chorus effect like the EHX Small Clone. Extra modes include tri-chorus and bass chorus effects.
- ROTARY – Rotary speaker cabinet simulation. Extra functionality includes overdrive plus envelope control over rotation speed.
- FLANGE – Flanging with modes for both additive and subtractive flanger. Multiple LFO shapes, including envelope follower.
- TZF – Through Zero Flanger. A flanger effect that crosses through the “zero point” of the sweep where the modulated delayed signal meets back with the dry signal. Modes for both additive and subtractive flanger, plus barber-pole flanger.
- PHASE – Choose from 4, 6, or 8 stage phaser. Multiple LFO shapes including envelope follower.
- PITCH – Modulated pitch shifter. Select your main pitch shift and modulate around it. Extra functionality includes a dry blend and stepped pitch modes.
- FILT – Modulated filter effects like those on classic analog synths. Low Pass, High Pass and Band Pass. Multiple LFO shapes available including a Q-Tron style envelope follower.
The Electro-Harmonix Mod 11 pedal comes equipped with an EHX 9.6DC200mA power supply, and is available now for $151.
For more info on the pedal, head on over to ehx.com.