How would you like to get the guitar tones heard in more than a thousand songs?
Ultimate Guitar makes it possible with its new Tonebridge Guitar Effects app for iPad (opens in new tab). The app is free and makes it easy to recreate classic guitar tones on demand.
“The main idea here is to make your practice hours more fun and efficient,” Ultimate Guitar explains. “Hopefully, getting the exact tone of the tune you'd like to jam will keep you more focused on the guitar itself and make you eager to spend more time with it.”
Once you’ve downloaded Tonebridge (opens in new tab) to your iPad, connect your guitar via iRig or any other audio interface, select the desired tone and jam away.
The tones range from the crystal clear notes of “Get Lucky” to the crunch and punch of “Master of Puppets” and “Spirit Crusher.”
Each preset tells you which pickup to use and which part of the song to play.
Tonebridge also works as an add-on to Ultimate Guitar’s Tabs HD app (opens in new tab).
- 1000+ presets for popular songs of different genres
- 500+ demo samples for effect preview
- Collections of presets handpicked by Ultimate Guitar editors
- Intelligent feedback and noise reduction system for a clear sound
- Low latency for real-time playing
- Information about pickup settings
- Ampkit Link
- Apogee JAM, Line 6 Mobile In, Line 6 SonicPort, iRiffPort, Alesis IO Dock
- iRig, iRig HD
Check out the video below for more information. To download Tonebridge, visit the iTunes app store (opens in new tab).
Get the latest news, reviews and product advice straight to your inbox.
Thank you for signing up to The Pick. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.