Following up 2018’s highly acclaimed Accomplice One LP, Accomplice Two is due out on April 28 via CGP Sounds and was produced by Emmanuel himself.
Comprising four original compositions and a dozen new takes on enduring classics, this 16-track album features a host of other notable collaborators including Billy Strings, Yasmin Williams, Jorma Kaukonen and Jerry Douglas.
“My accomplices on this album are all in a league of giants, to me,” says Emmanuel. “They all inspire me to reach for the stars – to give my best while supporting them as they give their best. I feel a kinship with all of them, younger or closer to my age. We all have a chemistry – an electricity – together when we play music.
“I wanted to capture this power in songs and performances that will stand the test of time and surprise many!”
Tuttle, who scooped a win at the 65th Annual Grammy Awards this year for her 2022 album Crooked Tree said, “I’ve been a big fan of Tommy’s music since I was first learning to play guitar as a kid. I got to see him play a few times growing up and felt so inspired by his virtuosity on the instrument as well as his spirit as an entertainer.
“It was a dream come true to get to jam with Tommy on stage a few years back when he asked me to sit in with him during his set on Cayamo Cruise. That was the first time we played ‘White Freight Liner Blues’ together and I was thrilled when Tommy called and asked if we could cut it for his new album!”
Accomplice Two track listing is as follows:
- “Doc’s Guitar Black Mountain Rag” featuring Billy Strings
- “White Freight Liner Blues” featuring Molly Tuttle
- “Daddy Frank (The Guitar Man)” featuring Jamey Johnson
- “Precious Time” featuring Sierra Hull *
- “Cajun Girl” featuring Little Feat & Sam Bush
- “Another Man Done A Full Go Around” featuring Jorma Kaukonen
- “Son of a Gun” featuring Richard Smith *
- “Someone Like You” featuring Michael McDonald
- “Mombassa” featuring Yasmin Williams *
- “Everybody Loves You” featuring Larry Campbell & Teresa Williams
- “Mama Knows” featuring Jerry Douglas *
- “Sweet Temptation” featuring The Del McCoury Band
- “Yeller Rose of Texas” featuring Sam Bush
- “Tennessee Stud” featuring Nitty Gritty Dirt Band
- “Seven Come Eleven” featuring David Grisman
- “Far Away Places” featuring Raul Malo
* Original composition
Accomplice Two is out April 28 on CGP Sounds. Pre-order/save the album here.
Stream or download "White Freight Liner Blues" here.
Look out for the new Tommy Emmanuel live concert special Accomplice LIVE! debuting March 1 on PBS.
Joined by guests Emmylou Harris, Sierra Hull, Yasmin Williams and Rodney Crowell, the guitar virtuoso lights up the stage with an explosive setlist of country, rock, blues and bluegrass.
Get The Pick Newsletter
All the latest guitar news, interviews, lessons, reviews, deals and more, direct to your inbox!
Rod Brakes is a music journalist with an expertise in guitars. Having spent many years at the coalface as a guitar dealer and tech, Rod's more recent work as a writer covering artists, industry pros and gear includes contributions for leading publications and websites such as Guitarist, Total Guitar, Guitar World, Guitar Player and MusicRadar in addition to specialist music books, blogs and social media. He is also a lifelong musician.