Due out on April 28 via CGP Sounds, Emmanuel’s latest guitar bonanza follows up 2018’s Accomplice One and stars a host of fellow six-string luminaries including Billy Strings, Jorma Kaukonen, Yasmin Williams, Richard Smith and more.
This time around, Little Feat and Sam Bush join forces with the Aussie acoustic guitar virtuoso for a cover of “Cajun Girl.” Accompanying the new single is a performance video filmed in Ocean Way’s Studio B in Nashville.
“I have been a fan of Little Feat since I first heard them back in the '70s,” reminisced Emmanuel. “They are a powerful band with great songs and tight, funky arrangements. I'm so honored to be on this track with these legends, to play with them, sing with them, and to find a common love of good music that brings the best out in all of us.
“I am also thrilled that Sam Bush came and played a great fiddle part which makes this track unique and shows his love for Little Feat too! The youngest member of the band, Scott Sharrard, is doing such brilliant work on slide guitar that I had to feature him on the last solo of the track.
“Great thanks to Tommy Emmanuel for bringing new life to Little Feat’s 'Cajun Girl,' said Little Feat’s Bill Payne. “To be in his orbit is always fun and relaxed. He is the consummate musician and a warm and open host.
“Looking at the array of artists on Accomplice Two, many of whom the band know, gives us a tangible joy to be in Tommy’s extended family. We’re pleased to say he is part of Little Feat’s family, too.”
Produced by Emmanuel, Accomplice Two is a spirited mix of covers and originals.
Track listing is as follows:
- “Doc’s Guitar Black Mountain Rag” featuring Billy Strings
- “White Freight Liner Blues” featuring Molly Tuttle
- “Daddy Frank (The Guitar Man)” featuring Jamey Johnson
- “Precious Time” featuring Sierra Hull *
- “Cajun Girl” featuring Little Feat & Sam Bush
- “Another Man Done a Full Go Around” featuring Jorma Kaukonen
- “Son of a Gun” featuring Richard Smith *
- “Someone Like You” featuring Michael McDonald
- “Mombassa” featuring Yasmin Williams *
- “Everybody Loves You” Featuring Larry Campbell & Teresa Williams
- “Mama Knows” featuring Jerry Douglas *
- “Sweet Temptation” featuring The Del McCoury Band
- “Yeller Rose of Texas” featuring Sam Bush
- “Tennessee Stud” featuring Nitty Gritty Dirt Band
- “Seven Come Eleven” featuring David Grisman
- “Far Away Places” featuring Raul Malo *
* Original Tommy Emmanuel song
Order Tommy Emmanuel’s Accomplice Two here.
Stream and download the “Cajun Girl” single here.
Get The Pick Newsletter
All the latest guitar news, interviews, lessons, reviews, deals and more, direct to your inbox!
Rod Brakes is a music journalist with an expertise in guitars. Having spent many years at the coalface as a guitar dealer and tech, Rod's more recent work as a writer covering artists, industry pros and gear includes contributions for leading publications and websites such as Guitarist, Total Guitar, Guitar World, Guitar Player and MusicRadar in addition to specialist music books, blogs and social media. He is also a lifelong musician.