Built to the Alice in Chains guitarist's requirements, the Jerry Cantrell "Atone" and "Fire Devil" Songwriter cutaway electro-acoustics are based on the long-established Songwriter dreadnought platform and feature a reduced body depth for enhanced playing comfort.
The "Atone" model uniquely features a ‘circle-in-square’ scratchplate and can be spotted in Cantrell’s video for the song “Atone” – the opening track of his latest solo album, Brighten.
Like the “Wino” Les Paul Custom, the "Atone" Songwriter is available in a limited run of 100 instruments.
This fine, Bozeman-made guitar is priced $3,749.
Similarly, the Gibson Jerry Cantrell “Fire Devil” Songwriter is available in a limited run of 100 guitars and is priced $3,999.
Hailing from Gibson’s Acoustic Custom Shop in Bozeman, Montana, this variation differs on account of its “Firefly” pickguard. To all intents and purposes the other specifications are the same.
- Bound rosewood body with a reduced depth and a Sitka spruce top with multiple-ply binding
- 25.5” scale mahogany neck with a 20-fret, 16” radius rosewood fingerboard featuring mother-of-pearl double-parallelogram inlays
- Gold-plated Grover Mini Rotomatic tuners and a rosewood reverse belly bridge with a Tusq saddle
- L.R. Baggs VTC undersaddle pickup and preamp (1/4” endpin jack)
- Ebony gloss nitrocellulose finish
Visit Gibson for more information.
Get The Pick Newsletter
All the latest guitar news, interviews, lessons, reviews, deals and more, direct to your inbox!
Rod Brakes is a music journalist with an expertise in guitars. Having spent many years at the coalface as a guitar dealer and tech, Rod's more recent work as a writer covering artists, industry pros and gear includes contributions for leading publications and websites such as Guitarist, Total Guitar, Guitar World, Guitar Player and MusicRadar in addition to specialist music books, blogs and social media. He is also a lifelong musician.