Electro-Harmonix has unveiled its new Sovtek Deluxe Big Muff pedal.
The new Sovtek Deluxe Big Muff expands on the 1991 original—which used the same circuit as the “Tall Font Green Russian” Big Muff and EHX Green Russian Big Muff—with the addition of the Deluxe Big Muff’s advanced controls.
The Sovtek Deluxe Big Muff features:
1. MIDS EQ – Parametric MIDS EQ section with a selectable center frequency ranging from 310Hz to 5.0kHz, a level control with up to 10dB of boost or cut and a high/low Q switch that sets the resonance/bandwidth of the EQ.
2. FOOTSWITCH for MIDS EQ – Dedicated on/off footswitch with status LED for the MIDS EQ circuit.
3. GATE – Noise gate to remove unwanted hiss and hum.
4. BLEND – Mix control for the dry and distorted signals. Enables bass players to retain their signal’s low end; also useful when layering in other distortion pedals.
5. WICKER – With the switch up, high frequency bandwidth is opened up for a more pronounced attack. Switch down yields the traditional Green Russian sound.
6. EXPRESSION PEDAL INPUT – Sweeps the frequency of the MIDS EQ to create wah wah and cocked wah effects.
7. TRUE BYPASS – Maintains signal path integrity in bypass mode.
The pedal comes equipped with a 9Volt battery and will accept an optional EHX 9.6DC200mA power supply.
The Electro-Harmonix Sovtek Deluxe Big Muff is available now for $149.
For more information, head on over to ehx.com.