U.S. guitar effects pedal builder Mojo Hand FX has teamed up with the non-profit program Girls Rock! Grand Rapids (GR!GR) of Grandville Avenue Arts & Humanities to create a limited edition overdrive called the GRRRocker.
Deriving its moniker from the Riot Grrrl movement, all profits from the GRRRocker go directly towards resourcing Girls Rock! camps in Grand Rapids and partner camps worldwide.
A press release says the overall idea, artwork and color scheme for the GRRRocker was created by GR!GR campers during camp week 2019. Volunteers then took the idea to Mojo Hand FX who later developed this one-of-a-kind stompbox.
For every four GRRRocker pedals sold, one will be donated to a Girls Rock! camp where girls and gender-expansive youth learn to write, perform and record music.
Here’s a rundown of the GRRRocker specs:
- Controls for Volume, Tone, and Gain
- Pushbutton selection for clipping options: Up = Crunch (hard clipping) / Down = Overdrive (soft clipping)
- True bypass
- Precision control for distortion (internal trim pot accessed via back panel)
- 9V standard center negative power supply (not included), no battery provision
- Durable sparkling white matte powder coat finish with hand-drawn artwork
- Current draw ~15 mA
- Made in the U.S.A.
- Lifetime warranty
- Dimensions: 4.42" x 2.39" x 1.21" (LxWxH)
Visit Mojo Hand FX for more information.
Get The Pick Newsletter
All the latest guitar news, interviews, lessons, reviews, deals and more, direct to your inbox!
Rod Brakes is a music journalist with an expertise in guitars. Having spent many years at the coalface as a guitar dealer and tech, Rod's more recent work as a writer covering artists, industry pros and gear includes contributions for leading publications and websites such as Guitarist, Total Guitar, Guitar World, Guitar Player and MusicRadar in addition to specialist music books, blogs and social media. He is also a lifelong musician.