Eric Clapton has announced a live album of performances culled from the 2019 edition of his Crossroads Guitar Festival.
Spanning 3CDs and 6LPs - and 2DVDs and a Blu-ray - the 42-song set features performances from Buddy Guy, Jeff Beck, Peter Frampton, Gary Clark Jr., The Marcus King Band, Sheryl Crow, Bonnie Raitt, Clapton himself and many, many more.
Taking place at the American Airlines Center in Dallas, Texas on September 20 & 21, 2019, the festival was put together to raise money for the Crossroads Centre in Antigua, the chemical dependency treatment and education facility that Clapton helped found in 1998.
Highlights from the mammoth live album/film include Clapton and Frampton's version of The Beatles' "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" (the first time the two had ever shared a stage together), Clapton's version of "Layla" with John Mayer and Clapton's acoustic version of "Wonderful Tonight" with Andy Fairweather Low.
Other highlights include brief but incendiary sets from Jeff Beck, Gary Clark Jr., Lianne La Havas and many more, plus Clapton's moving cover of Prince's "Purple Rain."
Eric Clapton's Crossroads Guitar Festival 2019 is set for a November 20 release. To preorder the album, step right this way.
Eric Clapton's Crossroads Guitar Festival 2019 tracklist:
- "Native Stepson" – Sonny Landreth
- "Wonderful Tonight" – Eric Clapton & Andy Fairweather Low
- "Lay Down Sally" – Eric Clapton & Andy Fairweather Low
- "Million Miles" – Bonnie Raitt, Keb’ Mo’ & Alan Darby
- "Son’s Gonna Rise" – Citizen Cope with Gary Clark Jr.
- "Lait / De Ushuaia A La Quiaca" - Gustavo Santaolalla
- "I Wanna Be Your Dog" – Doyle Bramhall II with Tedeschi Trucks, Band
- "That’s How Strong My Love Is" – Doyle Bramhall II with Tedeschi Trucks Band
- "Lift Off"– Tom Misch
- "Cognac" – Buddy Guy & Jonny Lang
- "Everything Is Broken" – Sheryl Crow & Bonnie Raitt
- "Every Day Is A Winding Road" – Sheryl Crow with James Bay
- "Retrato" – Daniel Santiago & Pedro Martins
- "B-Side" – Kurt Rosenwinkel with Pedro Martins
- "Baby, Please Come Home" – Jimmie Vaughan with Bonnie Raitt
- "How Long" – The Marcus King Band
- "Goodbye Carolina" – The Marcus King Band
- "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" – Peter Frampton with Eric Clapton
- "Space For The Papa" – Jeff Beck
- "Big Block" – Jeff Beck
- "Caroline, No" – Jeff Beck
- "Cut Em Loose" – Robert Randolph
- "Hold Back The River" – James Bay
- "When We Were On Fire" – James Bay
- "Mas y Mas" – Los Lobos
- "Am I Wrong?" – Keb’ Mo’
- "Slow Dancing In A Burning Room" – John Mayer
- "How Blue Can You Get?" – Tedeschi Trucks Band
- "Shame" – Tedeschi Trucks Band
- "Is Your Love Big Enough" – Lianne La Havas
- "I Say A Little Prayer" – Lianne La Havas
- "Feed The Babies" – Gary Clark Jr.
- "I Got My Eyes On You (Locked & Loaded)" – Gary Clark Jr.
- "Pearl Cadillac" – Gary Clark Jr.
- "Tonight The Bottle Let Me Down" – Vince Gill with Albert Lee & Jerry Douglas
- "Tulsa Time" – Vince Gill with Albert Lee, Bradley Walker, Albert Lee & Jerry Douglas
- "Drifting Too Far From The Shore" – Bradley Walker with Vince Gill, Albert Lee & Jerry Douglas
- "Badge"– Eric Clapton
- "Layla" – Eric Clapton with John Mayer & Doyle Bramhall II
- "Purple Rain" – Eric Clapton & Ensemble
- "High Time We Went" – Eric Clapton & Ensemble
- "Going Going Gone" - Doyle Bramhall II with Tedeschi Trucks Band
Get The Pick Newsletter
All the latest guitar news, interviews, lessons, reviews, deals and more, direct to your inbox!
Jackson is an Associate Editor at GuitarWorld.com and GuitarPlayer.com. He’s been writing and editing stories about new gear, technique and guitar-driven music both old and new since 2014, and has also written extensively on the same topics for Guitar Player. Elsewhere, his album reviews and essays have appeared in Louder and Unrecorded. Though open to music of all kinds, his greatest love has always been indie, and everything that falls under its massive umbrella. To that end, you can find him on Twitter crowing about whatever great new guitar band you need to drop everything to hear right now.