On June 10, ABKCO Records – home to the entire catalog of the Rolling Stones from 1963 to early 1971 – will release a limited-edition set of the band’s first 18 7-inch vinyl singles and extended play records.
Remastered by legendary Grammy-winning engineer Bob Ludwig, the Rolling Stones Singles 1963-1966 includes such monumental classics as “Satisfaction,” “Get Off Of My Cloud” and “Time Is On My Side.”
Also included is a 32-page book, rare photographs, a set of five photo cards and a poster.
This release is due to be followed up next year by a second box set, The Rolling Stones Singles 1966-1971.
Charting their rise from young, blues-loving hopefuls to one of the most prominent songwriting powerhouses of the era, the Rolling Stones Singles 1963-1966 tracks the group’s shift away from covers in favor of original compositions.
Boasting tantalizing B-sides and rarities, this bumper release includes both U.K. and U.S. versions of key hit singles. Meanwhile, three U.K.-only 7-inch E.P. releases have been bundled in, namely 1964’s The Rolling Stones and Five by Five, and 1965’s Got Live If You Want It!
Titles included in The Rolling Stones Singles 1963-1966 collection are as follows:
- “Come On” single (*June 1963)
- “I Wanna Be Your Man” single (*November 1963)
- The Rolling Stones E.P. (*January 1964)
- “Not Fade Away” single (*February 1964)
- “Tell Me” single (*June 1964)
- “It’s All Over Now” single (*June 1964)
- Five by Five E.P. (*August 1964)
- “Time Is On My Side” single (*September 1964)
- “Little Red Rooster” single (*November 1964)
- “Heart Of Stone” single (*December 1964)
- “The Last Time” single (*February 1965)
- Got Live If You Want It! E.P. (*June 1965)
- “(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction” – US single version (*June 1965)
- “(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction)” – UK single version (*August 1965)
- “Get Off Of My Cloud” – US single version (*September 1965)
- “Get Off Of My Cloud – UK single version (*October 1965)
- “As Tears Go By” single (*December 1965)
- “19th Nervous Breakdown” – US single version (*February 1966)
Pre-order The Rolling Stones Singles 1963-1966 here (opens in new tab).
Rod Brakes is a music journalist with an expertise in guitars. Having spent many years at the coalface as a guitar dealer and tech, Rod's more recent work as a writer covering artists, industry pros and gear includes contributions for leading publications and websites such as Guitarist, Total Guitar, Guitar World (opens in new tab), Guitar Player (opens in new tab) and MusicRadar (opens in new tab) in addition to specialist music books, blogs and social media. He is also a lifelong musician.
Get the latest news, reviews and product advice straight to your inbox.
Thank you for signing up to The Pick. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.