Five Days Left to Enter Acoustic Guitarist of the Year
If you're an acoustic specialist looking for your big break, this is the perfect opportunity.
Are you an acoustic guitarist looking for a way to make your big break into the industry?
It’s been a tough year for musicians, but 2020’s Guitarist of the Year awards are here to help boost the careers of the carefully chosen finalists and winners – and you could be one of them.
Get your acoustic guitar playing in front of some of the top editors and guitarists in the business, and be seen by millions with some incredible exposure across the Guitar Player website, social media and YouTube channel. What better way to kickstart your music career?
Not only this, but you could also win a PRS SE T50E in Black Gold, worth $849, and be flown to our New York or London studio (flights and hotel provided by us) to record a live performance video, shoot a cover photo and be interviewed by the editors of Guitar Player for your feature.
It costs just $30 to enter each category - and the prize package is priceless. A portion of the proceeds will be donated to the NAMM Foundation.
How Do I Enter?
To enter, all you need to do is create and upload a 3 minute (maximum) video to YouTube and then submit your short nomination form online.
You can also nominate your teacher for Guitar Teacher of the Year - a great way to show how much you appreciate them, and it's free!
What The Judges Are Looking For
- We need to see you play! No promo-style band videos or miming, please.
- Keep it musical. We’re all for fretboard madness and next-level sonics, but not at the price of musicality and genuine mastery of multiple techniques.
- Keep it tight and get to the point fast. Our experts are begging to be impressed, so three minutes of noodling won’t make the grade.
- Make it impressive. We want to see the full breadth of your skills in as tight a playing package as possible.
- Make it sound and look good! Smartphone audio can work fine, but remember to point the camera at yourself, not at your dog.
- Want to enter all four categories with different videos? Electric Guitarist, Young Guitarist, Acoustic Guitarist and Bassist of the Year? Yeah! Go for it; but please remember it’s $30 per category.
There’s just one week left to enter – so what are you waiting for?
Enter at guitaristoftheyearawards.com.
Get The Pick Newsletter
All the latest guitar news, interviews, lessons, reviews, deals and more, direct to your inbox!
Guitar Player is the world’s most comprehensive, trusted and insightful guitar publication for passionate guitarists and active musicians of all ages. Guitar Player magazine is published 13 times a year in print and digital formats. The magazine was established in 1967 and is the world's oldest guitar magazine.
When "Guitar Player Staff" is credited as the author, it's usually because more than one author on the team has created the story.
Take a Deep Dive Into David Gilmour’s ‘The Dark Side of the Moon’ Gear, Tone and Technique With the July 2023 Issue of 'Guitar Player'
“I Haphazardly Try Things out, Embrace the Things That Make Me Smile, Cast Away the Things That Make Me Cringe”: Dan “Lebo” Lebowitz Reveals His Secrets to Achieving Glorious Amplified Acoustic Tone
By Rod Brakes
By Rod Brakes
By Rod Brakes