Mastromattei Amplification introduces the Combo King, a new 1x12 amp that is the result of a more-than-10-year “quest to create the ultimate guitar combo amp."
“I wanted an amp that had real character,” says Pietro (“Pete”) Mastromattei. “Everything out there is a rehashing of common electrical topologies, shoved in a box with a speaker…created solely from an electronic perspective.”
Mastromattei believed a musician’s tone should not be defined simply by the instruments they play but also by the sound of their amp, coupled with a reactive guitar cabinet.
This belief led him to years of experimentation with acoustic chamber designs, analyzing classical instruments, exploring different kinds of wood, and so on, to create an optimum resonating acoustic cabinet. He explored many aspects of optimizing tone through the electronic design of the amplifier. Many iterations of circuit layout, signal chain, component selection, electrical margins, were all experimented to obtain the very best possible sound. Every iteration was tested in a professional recording studio.
The result is the Combo King, which you can see in the video below.
Some Combo King features:
• Pro Audio components exclusively used in the amplifier design.
• PCB is military grade, and optimized with maximum trace copper weight.
• The amplifier chassis is fully enclosed, all aluminum construction, for superior noise immunity and a lightweight construction.
• Amplifier circuitry is 100% analog design; tube compliment of four 12AX7 for the preamp, and four
EL84 power tubes. Producing 30 Watts of power.
• The control panel is fully illuminated, for visibility in dark rooms
• An integrated 5” fan actively cooling both the enclosed circuitry and the tubes.
• An acoustically calibrated, solid spruce, resonating cabinet chamber.
• 1x12 Combo-King weighs in at only 39lbs.
All amps are hand made in Middleton, MA. The Mastromattei Combo King is available in a variety of different bright color stains.
For more information, visit MastroAmps.com.