Blues-rock star Joe Bonamassa has released a new single titled “I Want to Shout About It.”
Taken from his highly anticipated new studio album, the song has proven to be a crowd-pleaser in recent months.
Produced by long-time collaborator and producer Kevin Shirley (Led Zeppelin, Iron Maiden, Journey) and featuring tracks from his latest number-one studio album, Time Clocks, the epic Tales of Time was shot last summer at Red Rocks Amphitheatre in Colorado.
“This live show represents our most progressive and largest production to date,” said Bonamassa. “My band was a force of nature on this show, and it truly was a special night.”
“’Shout About It’ is a song originally by the great Ronnie Earl & the Broadcasters with Darrell Nulisch on vocals,” recalled Bonamassa’s close friend and bandmate Josh Smith, who produced the track.
“It's a tough/high song to sing and Joe really pushed himself and nailed it. It's a real rave up, a party song. Joe has been playing it live lately and the crowds are really digging it!”
Why not catch Bonamassa performing “I Want to Shout About It” on his U.S. tour this summer?
Dates are as follows:
- May 26 Capitol Theatre – Yakima, WA
- May 27 Backroads Blues Festival – Hayden Homes Amphitheatre – Bend, OR*
- May 28 Backroads Blues Festival – Chateau Ste Michelle Winery – Woodinville, WA*
- August 2 Vina Robles Amphitheatre – Paso Robles, CA
- August 4 The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas – Las Vegas, NV
- August 5 Eccles Theater – Salt Lake City, UT
- August 6 Red Rocks Amphitheatre – Morrison, CO
- August 9 Hollywood Bowl – Los Angeles, CA^
- August 12 Northwell Health at Jones Beach Theater – Wantagh, NY**
- August 13 Bethel Woods Center for the Arts – Bethel, NY**
- September 23 Eric Clapton’s Crossroads Festival – Los Angeles, CA
*Featuring Kenny Wayne Shepherd and Joe Bonamassa
**Keeping the Blues Alive presents: Joe Bonamassa & Friends: Styx and Don Felder, formerly of the Eagles
^Joe Bonamassa with Orchestra
Visit the Joe Bonamassa website for more information and tickets.
Get The Pick Newsletter
All the latest guitar news, interviews, lessons, reviews, deals and more, direct to your inbox!
Rod Brakes is a music journalist with an expertise in guitars. Having spent many years at the coalface as a guitar dealer and tech, Rod's more recent work as a writer covering artists, industry pros and gear includes contributions for leading publications and websites such as Guitarist, Total Guitar, Guitar World, Guitar Player and MusicRadar in addition to specialist music books, blogs and social media. He is also a lifelong musician.