Joe Bonamassa Announces Expansive New Live Album, ‘Tales of Time’
Watch the video for his latest single, “The Loyal Kind,” filmed at Colorado’s Red Rocks Amphitheatre
Three-time Grammy-nominated guitarist and 25x Billboard chart-topper Joe Bonamassa has announced his new live album – Tales of Time – will be released worldwide on April 14th.
Available to pre-order now (opens in new tab), the blues titan’s latest will be released in North America by J&R Adventures and distributed in the UK and Europe by Provogue/Mascot Label Group.
The LP's lead single, "The Loyal Kind," is available to stream now (opens in new tab) and is accompanied by a beautifully filmed concert video.
Shot last summer at the Red Rocks Amphitheatre in Colorado, this epic rendition of the Time Clocks (opens in new tab) track is a small taster of the “sprawling and expansive” live concert film and album that will soon appear in CD/DVD, CD/BR, vinyl and digital formats.
“This live show represents our most progressive and largest production to date focusing on my most ambitious studio album to date, Time Clocks," said Bonamassa.
“The iconic Kevin Shirley [Led Zeppelin, Iron Maiden, Journey] once again has produced both wonderful music and a wonderful visual. My band was a force of nature on this show and it truly was a special night.”
News of Bonamassa’s new live release comes just days before his U.S. Spring Tour 2023 (opens in new tab) kicks off in Charleston, West Virginia.
Dates are as follows:
- February 15 Clay Center Charleston, WV
- February 17 Playhouse Square, Cleveland, OH
- February 18 Riverside Theater, Milwaukee, WI
- February 20 The Orpheum Theater, Madison, WI
- February 22 Peoria Civic Center Theater, Peoria, IL
- February 24 DeVos Performance Hall., Grand Rapids, MI
- February 25 Morris Performing Arts Center, South Bend, IN
- February 28 Shea’s Buffalo Theatre, Buffalo, NY
- March 1 Benedum Center, Pittsburgh, PA
- March 3 Ovens Auditorium, Charlotte, NC
- March 4 Fox Theatre, Atlanta, GA
- March 5 Soldiers And Sailors Memorial Auditorium, Chattanooga, TN
- March 7 Montgomery Performing Arts Centre, Montgomery, AL
- March 8 Saenger Theatre, New Orleans, LA
- March 10 The King Center, Melbourne, FL
- March 11 The St. Augustine Amphitheatre St. Augustine, FL
- March 13 Keeping The Blues Alive at Sea VIII Miami, FL
Visit the Joe Bonamassa website (opens in new tab) for info and tickets.
Pre-order Joe Bonamassa’s Tales of Time here (opens in new tab).
Get The Pick Newsletter
All the latest guitar news, interviews, lessons, reviews, deals and more, direct to your inbox!
Rod Brakes is a music journalist with an expertise in guitars. Having spent many years at the coalface as a guitar dealer and tech, Rod's more recent work as a writer covering artists, industry pros and gear includes contributions for leading publications and websites such as Guitarist, Total Guitar, Guitar World (opens in new tab), Guitar Player (opens in new tab) and MusicRadar (opens in new tab) in addition to specialist music books, blogs and social media. He is also a lifelong musician.