Watch Joe Bonamassa’s New "Mind's Eye" Red Rocks Performance Video
JB’s latest single appears ahead of live album release, ‘Tales of Time’
A fortnight ago, Joe Bonamassa announced his new concert LP, ‘Tales of Time,’ will be landing on April 14.
Following up the lead single, "The Loyal Kind,” Bonamassa has just unveiled another taster from the forthcoming live album.
As per "The Loyal Kind," this live recording of "Mind’s Eye” is accompanied by a music video shot at Colorado’s iconic Red Rocks Amphitheatre.
Filmed last year, this performance of "Mind's Eye" – the fourth track from his most recent studio album, Time Clocks (opens in new tab) – captures Bonamassa and his band against an impressive visual backdrop created by the legendary Kevin Shirley (Aerosmith, Iron Maiden, Led Zeppelin.)
“The song has a very Pink Floyd feel,” said Roy Weisman, CEO of Bonamassa's J&R Adventures label. “The whole Time Clocks record is about a journey, and ‘Mind’s Eye’ gives you a fun glimpse of what could be swimming around inside someone’s mind.”
“This live show represents our most progressive and largest production to date, focusing on my most ambitious studio album to date,” reveals Bonamassa. “My band was a force of nature on this show, and it truly was a special night.”
The “Mind’s Eye” single coincides with the launch of the bluesman's U.S. Spring Tour 2023, which kicked off yesterday in Charleston, West Virginia.
Further dates are as follows:
- Feb 17 Playhouse Square, Cleveland, OH
- Feb 18 Riverside Theater, Milwaukee, WI
- Feb 20 The Orpheum Theater, Madison, WI
- Feb 22 Peoria Civic Center Theater, Peoria, IL
- Feb 24 DeVos Performance Hall, Grand Rapids, MI
- Feb 25 Morris Performing Arts Center, South Bend, IN
- Feb 28 Shea’s Buffalo Theatre, Buffalo, NY
- Mar 1 Benedum Center, Pittsburgh, PA
- Mar 3 Ovens Auditorium, Charlotte, NC
- Mar 4 Fox Theatre, Atlanta, GA
- Mar 5 Soldiers And Sailors Memorial Auditorium, Chattanooga, TN
- Mar 7 Montgomery Performing Arts Centre, Montgomery, AL
- Mar 8 Saenger Theatre, New Orleans, LA
- Mar 10 The King Center, Melbourne, FL
- Mar 11 The St. Augustine Amphitheatre St. Augustine, FL
- Mar 13 Keeping The Blues Alive at Sea VIII Miami, FL
Visit the Joe Bonamassa website (opens in new tab) for further info and tickets.
Tales of Time will be released on April 14 via Bonamassa’s J&R Adventures in CD/DVD, CD/BR, vinyl and digital formats.
Pre-order Tales of Time here (opens in new tab).
The live album will be distributed in the U.K. and Europe by Provogue/Mascot Label Group.
Get The Pick Newsletter
All the latest guitar news, interviews, lessons, reviews, deals and more, direct to your inbox!
Rod Brakes is a music journalist with an expertise in guitars. Having spent many years at the coalface as a guitar dealer and tech, Rod's more recent work as a writer covering artists, industry pros and gear includes contributions for leading publications and websites such as Guitarist, Total Guitar, Guitar World (opens in new tab), Guitar Player (opens in new tab) and MusicRadar (opens in new tab) in addition to specialist music books, blogs and social media. He is also a lifelong musician.