Grammy-winning musician Vince Gill has been named an ambassador for Songbirds Guitar Museum, the world's largest private collection of rare, vintage guitars. The museum, which is located in Chattanooga, Tennessee, will celebrate its grand opening on March 9, 2017.
Located next to the Chattanooga Choo Choo, the museum is a guitar-oriented, pop culture experience for the whole family.
Gill, a member of the Country Music Hall of Fame, will showcase his top-notch songwriting, world-class guitar playing, and soaring tenor vocals at the Grand Opening Celebration. In addition, he will lend his voice and expertise to Songbirds Guitar Museum as it shares its unparalleled collection through its permanent and rotating historical exhibits.
“This is the most impressive collection of rare, vintage guitars I have seen,” says Gill, who will curate some of the exhibits. “I am honored and excited to be a part of such a tremendous display of music history.”
“We are incredibly excited to have Vince Gill join the Songbirds team. His connection as a guitar player and his talent as a performer make him a perfect spokesman to help us share our epic collection of guitars with music lovers everywhere,” explains Johnny Smith, President of Songbirds Guitar Museum.
The collection of rare, vintage guitars includes:
• Prototype 1950 Broadcaster serial #0009
• Early Stratocasters including #0102, 0103 and 0104
• Pre-War D45 Martin Guitar
• 34 Gibson Les Paul Model Sunbursts from 1958-1960. Some of the most expensive of their kind. Considered by many to be the Holy Grail of electric guitars.
• More than 300 custom color Fender guitars– a rainbow of color. Many of these are one-of-a-kind.
• More than 75 custom color Gibson Firebird guitars– even more scarce than the Fender custom colors
• More than 45 classic “Bluegrass” flattops, flathead original five string banjos, mandolins, and the like representing the best of Martin, Gibson and other manufacturers
In addition, Songbirds Guitar Museum will host a contest to give away tickets to the private, VIP Grand Opening Celebration. Contest details will be available in January.
The Museum boasts a complete collection of over 1,700 instruments and accessories, each with a story to tell. Guitars are grouped by brand, time frame, and linear progression and include acoustic, electric, jazz, bass, mandolin, banjo, and mandocello models. Songbirds Guitar Museum is historically accurate, educational and fun for guitar enthusiasts as well as newcomers to the world of fretted instruments.
The 7500-square-foot museum features interactive, educational displays for adults and children, an upgraded All Access tour, and an event space for private parties. Songbirds Guitar Museum is located at 35 Station Street on the grounds of the Chattanooga Choo Choo in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
For more information, visit SongbirdsGuitars.com.
Vince Gill’s latest album is Down To My Last Bad Habit. For a full list of tour dates, news, images and more, visit VinceGill.com.