Eric Clapton calls him "the most underestimated musician on the planet and also one of the most advanced.” John Hiatt, Junior Wells, John Mayall, Irma Thomas, Clarence Gatemouth Brown, Kenny Loggins, Mark Knopfler, Eric Johnson, Robben Ford, Vince Gill, Bonnie Raitt and hundreds of other world-class artists who have had the privilege to make music with him would emphatically agree. Sonny Landreth’s slide guitar prowess is supernatural.
In this in this comprehensive Master Class for Slide Guitar Sonny presents and demonstrates Slide Considerations, Guitar Setup, Four Signature Principles, Signature Principles in Action, Muting and Finger Guarding, Open String Options, Vibrato (Like a Leslie), Palm Technique, Layering A Track, Tremolo Picking, Extensions, G Tuning, Open A Tuning, Open D Tuning, Open E Tuning, Open Gm Tuning, Open Am Tuning, Open Dm Tuning, Open Em Tuning and A Melodic
In the second section, Sonny steps you through 12 Slide Studies where you’ll learn how to apply all of the key concepts and techniques, from the first section, in a real-world musical context. Sonny generously prepared the included rhythm tracks from sections of his original recordings to match up with the specific technique being applied in the Slide Study.
1. Sonny uses a section from "For You and Forever" to demonstrate Travis picking, ghost notes and finger guarding
2. You'll work on more finger guarding with a fretted rhythm pattern pulled from "The Milky Way Home"
3. You'll work on tremolo picking, single note lines and fretting multiple notes behind the slide over a section of "The World Away"
4. Using sections from "The Promised Land," Sonny passes on some extra-supernatural lead lines using notes behind the slide
5. You’ll work on harmonics, ethereal ghost notes and rhythmic syncopations over the second line groove of "Congo Square"
6. Sonny pulls a classic shuffle section from "Gemini Blues" to demonstrate alternating between fretted and slide notes
7. The theme of "Hell At Home" is an ideal track for you to work and master impressive rake and slap harmonic techniques
8. Sonny shows you how to craft instant chord voicings to create tension and release in open E using the verse from "Brave New Girl"
9. Learn how to use vibrato to create a lyrical vocal quality with the rhythm tracks and melody of "Brave New Girl"
10. You’ll also use a section of "Next of Kindred Spirit" to learn how to incorporate multiple parts for a complete solo piece
11. Using the verse of "Zydeco Shuffle," you’ll pick up on some Chet Atkins-style picking and fretting behind the slide
12. Sonny shows you how call and response can make a solo piece more conversational using sections of "Here and After"
Sonny demonstrates all of the key concepts and techniques over the rhythm tracks, and then breaks it all down in a clear and very accessible manner. All of the Slide Study performance examples are tabbed and notated, plus all of the rhythm tracks are included to work with on your own.
Slide-guitar playing Sonny Landreth fans are now just a click away from total enlightenment and a life-time of bliss in the shed. Even if you’re not a slide player, there are ample creative and harmonic riches herein to likewise keep you fat and happy in the shed for a very long time.
For more information visittruefire.com/slide-guitar-lessons/slide-supernatural/