Lynyrd Skynyrd-One More For The Fans was released today. The double album and DVD features the band performing with both music industry legends and new talent, including Warren Haynes, Charlie Daniels, Gregg Allman, John Hiatt, Donnie Van Zant, Gov’t Mule, Cheap Trick, Trace Adkins, Alabama, Blackberry Smoke, Peter Frampton, Robert Randolph, Aaron Lewis, moe., O.A.R., Jamey Johnson, Randy Houser, and Jason Isbell. (See the track listing below).
Last November, Lynyrd Skynard gathered with their incredibly talented friends at the Fox Theatre in Atlanta, Georgia to record the album. The historic theatre was selected for the event as part of a campaign to save it from demolition. Lynyrd Skynyrd recorded their 1976 live album, One More From The Road, at the landmark theatre. The title Lynyrd Skynyrd - One More For The Fans was inspired by that legendary album’s title. The album celebrates the Southern Rockers’ incredible musical legacy and features songs from the band’s incredible catalog of over 60 albums.
Watch the trailer:
Johnny Van Zant sang a special rendition of “Travelin’ Man” before an archival video of his brother, the late Ronnie Van Zant. Lynyrd Skynyrd then invited the whole star-studded line-up to join them on stage for “Sweet Home Alabama.” The band will also be hitting the road this spring and summer (see tour dates) and will return to the CMT Crossroads stage for a taping with Brantley Gilbert.
Building on a legacy that began over 40 years ago in Jacksonville, Florida, Lynyrd Skynryd is led by core members Gary Rossington (guitar), Johnny Van Zant (vocals) and Rickey Medlocke (guitar), along with longtime drummer Michael Cartellone, the band also includes Mark "Sparky" Matejka (guitar), Johnny Colt (bass), Peter Keys (keyboards) and The Honkettes-Dale Krantz Rossington and Carol Chase-on background vocals.
Lynyrd Skynyrd - One More For The Fans Track Listing:
1. Whiskey Rock A Roller – performed by Randy Houser
2. You Got That Right – performed by Robert Randolph & Jimmy Hall
3. Saturday Night Special – performed by Aaron Lewis
4. Workin’ For MCA – performed by Blackberry Smoke
5. Don't Ask Me No Questions – performed by O.A.R.
6. Gimme Back My Bullets – performed by Cheap Trick
7. The Ballad of Curtis Loew – performed by moe. & John Hiatt
8. Simple Man – performed by Gov't Mule
9. That Smell – performed by Warren Haynes
10. Four Walls of Raiford – performed by Jamey Johnson
11. I Know A Little – performed by Jason Isbell
12. Call Me The Breeze – performed by Peter Frampton
13. What's Your Name – performed by Trace Adkins
14. Down South Jukin’ – performed by Charlie Daniels & Donnie Van Zant
15. Gimme Three Steps – performed by Alabama
16. Tuesday's Gone – performed by Gregg Allman
17. Travelin’ Man – performed by Lynyrd Skynyrd With Johnny and Ronnie – Ronnie on big screen
18. Free Bird - performed by Lynyrd Skynyrd
19. Sweet Home Alabama – performed by Lynyrd Skynyrd and the entire line-up
For more information visit Lynyrd Skynyrd.com.
Purchase the album and DVD here.
For just the DVD, go here.