Get news and post comments at www.facebook.com/guitarplayermag.
Follow daily tweets at
Debate, shock, educate, and share with fellow readers at www.guitarplayer.com.
- Gary Moore is positively on fire in this live version of “Shapes.”
- Even in his rock days, Moore was pretty damn bluesy.
- Moore is obviously thrilled to jam with one of his heroes, B.B. King.
Bill Frisell and Vinicius Cantuária
Happy Birthday Robert Johnson
- Dig Johnson’s “Phonograph Blues.”
- “Sweet Home Chicago,” baby!
- R.J. sings about hellhounds on his trail. Yikes!
Cover Story: Brian Setzer
- Brian Setzer does a solo performance of “Guitar Rag.”
- Setzer’s live version of “Fishnet Stockings” in 2005.
- Watch Setzer perform “Jump, Jive, an’ Wail” live!
- Watch Dickinson explaining his Black Crowes gear at San Francisco’s Fillmore.
- See the North Mississippi Allstars’ video for “Jellyrollin’ All Over Heaven."
- Stay tuned to nmallstars.com for all that’s news with Luther Dickinson.
- Watch Emmanuel perform a medley of “Windy and Warm” and “Classical Gas.”
- See Emmanuel playing “Secret Love” on a Stratocaster accompanied by his brother Phil.
- See Sharpville perform live with Joe Lewis Walker and Duke Robillard.
- Groove to Sharpville and Mick Taylor playing “Heart & Soul” in 2002.
- Watch Sharpville burn at the George McFall Memorial Show in October 2010.
- Watch Marc Ribot y los Cubanos Postizos play a smoldering “Aurora en Pekin.”
- See Ribot playing his haunting take on “Dark Was The Night (Cold Was The Ground).”
- Dig Ribot and Sun Ship featuring guitarist Mary Halvorson.
10 Things You Gotta Do To Play Like Albert King
- Watch King make the sky cry.
- The late, great Albert King jams with the late, great Gary Moore.
- Mr. Albert King will indeed play the blues for you.
GIT Lesson: Joel Hoekstra's Hard Rock Hybrid Picking
Technique Toolbox: Melodic Tapping by Paul "TFO" Allen
Hey Jazz Guy
- Visit the Jazz Guy online for video of this lesson, practice examples, sage advice, and more!
- The Jazz Guy at the Iridium.
Line 6 POD HD500 and DT50
- See James Nash demoing the DT50 and HD500.
- Check out this HD500 multi-track recording by Chris Beaver.
- See Line 6's demo of the DT-50 from NAMM 2011.
- Hear session master Tim Pierce demonstrate the Carl Martin Trem-O-Vibe using his PRS Signature.
- Learn more about the Signature.