Get news and post comments at www.facebook.com/guitarplayermag.
Follow daily tweets at
Debate, shock, educate, and share with fellow readers at www.guitarplayer.com.
Four Corners of the New Acoustic Universe
- Sergio Altamura reveals the secrets of “Down Roma Traffic” and “Arkestra.”
- Antoine Dufour plays “Spiritual Groove” live in concert.
- Dig Mark Kroos’ winning performance at GP’s Guitar Superstar 2011.
- Eric Skye breaks down his arrangement of Miles Davis’ “All Blues” in the GP studio.
- Check out Cline’s super-melodic solo on Wilco’s “Impossible Germany.”
- Dig Cline’s otherworldly solo improvisation at The Stone in NYC in 2009.
- See the Nels Cline Singers get crazy funky on “King Queen” live at High Sierra Music Festival.
- Landau is scary playing his Fiesta Red ’63 Fender Stratocaster on “Ghouls and the Goblins” at the Baked Potato in Los Angeles.
- Landau’s rarely seen ’75 Fender Jazzmaster makes an appearance at Biscuits and Blues in San Francisco.
- Landau’s ’69 Fender Stratocaster has the blues in Prague.
10 Things You Gotta Do to Play Like Duane Eddy
- Duane Eddy and Deke Dickerson play “Peter Gunn.”
- Eddy plays “Rebel Rouser” on his Guild on Conan in 1994.
- Dig Eddy’s great fingerpicking.
Quilter Micropro 200
Wechter Pathmaker Solid Body PM-7354
- Sweetwater’s Mark Silver demos the tracking of the Ghost system and Mitch Gallagher details the Triple Shot.
- Abe Wechter talks about the Triple Shot setup and the electric/acoustic version of the Pathmaker.
Rivera Rock Crusher
- Paul Rivera explains the features of the Rock Crusher.
- James Nash referees a power attenuator shootout.