Get news and post comments at www.facebook.com/guitarplayermag.
Follow daily tweets at
Debate, shock, educate, and share with fellow readers at www.guitarplayer.com.
Cover Story: Jimmy Herring
- Watch the Jimmy Herring Band burn through “Within You and Without You.”
- See Herring groove hard on “No Egos Underwater” with Col. Bruce Hampton’s Aquarium Rescue Unit.
- Dig Herring alongside Billy Cobham, Alphonso Johnson, and the late T Lavitz with Jazz Is Dead.
- See McLaughlin play and discuss “The Fine Line.”
- Watch McLaughlin demonstrate his whammy bar techniques.
- McLaughlin nearly incinerates his double-neck onstage with the Mahavishnu Orchestra in 1973.
- Watch Landreth play his Firebird on “Memphis in the Meantime” with John Hiatt & the Goners.
- See Landreth and Hiatt performing “Riding with the King.”
- Dig Gus G’s quadrupled rhythms on Firewind’s “Wall of Sound.”
- Get a private demonstration from Gus.
- Watch Gus, Slash, and Zakk jam on “Paranoid.”
Hey Jazz Guy
- Visit the Jazz Guy online for video of this lesson, practice examples, sage advice, and more!
- Watch Hertzog utilize this concept on a jazz standard.
Two Notes Torpedo Live
Gartone Regal 1836C
Stompbox Fever: Electro-Harmonix Crying Tone and Superego Synth Engine
- Check out this demo of the Crying Tone Wah.
- Discover Crying Tone’s hidden sounds.
- See what the Superego Synth Engine can do.