The DM-3200 is an all-new 48-channel professional digital console from TASCAM, boasting an impressive list of specs competitive with consoles twice its price. Based on the DM-24 in operational ease-of-use, the DM-3200 adds more busses, more effects, more auxes, USB connectivity and many other new features. Its user interface includes 16 rotary encoders with LED indicators to display mixer settings at a glance. Up to 6.1 surround panning is available, and the optional IF-SM/DM Surround Monitoring interface card adds multichannel monitor and downmix capabilities. When you add the IF-FW/DM 24-channel FireWire interface card, the DM-3200 becomes the most powerful all-in-one computer interface, control surface and mixing console available anywhere, making it ideal for professional recording, post-production, film scoring and installation applications. Meter Bridge also available.
"TASCAM has reconsidered the role of a digital console in 2005, and the result is the DM-3200," says Jim Bailey, Product Manager for TASCAM. "It's not enough anymore to build a console with lots of inputs, effects and automation. Although the DM-3200 excels in all of these, today's engineers demand seamless integration between the mixing surface and computer workstation recording software. With the IF/FW-DM FireWire Interface card, the DM-3200 provides functions that professionals demand – like eight aux busses, talkback and monitoring sections, powerful automation and 16 busses – with 24-channel audio interfacing and surface control of DAW mixing features. This digital console addresses the way modern studios work."
TASCAM's DM-3200 provides a list of mixing specs that equal or surpass digital consoles over twice its price:
- 48-channel digital mixing at resolutions of up to 96kHz / 24-bit
- 32 channel inputs and 16 return inputs
- 16 busses and 8 aux busses
- 4-band full-parametric EQ and dynamics on each of the 32 channels
- Two stereo effects at 44.1k or 88.2/96k
- 17 touch sensitive 100mm motorized faders
- SEL/SOLO /MUTE keys and rotary encoder with ring LED display on each channel strip
- 5 mixer layers (CH 1-16, CH 17-32, Return 1-16, Buss 1-16, Aux 1-8) and control layer with bank switching for DAW control
- Surround mixing ability – up to 6.1 surround panning modes
- World-class automation system, based on the acclaimed DM-24
- Driverless USB 1.1 connection to computer for data backup
- Includes TASCAM Mixer Companion software for Windows and Mac OS X for project management and timecode & meter displays
- 16 XLR balanced mic/line inputs with phantom power, -20dB pad and a new high-headroom microphone preamp design
- 2 XLR AES/EBU and 2 S/PDIF digital I/O
- 8 channel ADAT I/O & 24-channel TDIF I/O
- 2 expansion slots for DM-24 compatible cards – analog, AES, etc.
- DAW control capability via MIDI or optional FireWire card
- Optional MU-1000 Meter bridge
- Optional IF-SM/DM Surround Monitoring interface card
- Optional IF-FW/DM FireWire card for audio and MIDI I/O to computer
- Professional design with wood grain side panels and rear-panel jacks
For more information visit their website at www.tascam.com.