Get news and post comments at www.facebook.com/guitarplayermag.
Follow daily tweets at
Debate, shock, educate, and share with fellow readers at www.guitarplayer.com.
- Preview tracks from In Avanti on Calise’s Web site.
- Watch the Julien Kasper Band perform “Ten Years Late” live.
- Check out Kasper’s latest album, Trance Groove, on julienkasper.com.
- Watch Deke Dickerson jam with Duane Eddy at Deke’s Guitar Geek Festival.
- Keep up with all things Deke right here!
- Watch Julie Slick performing her solo material live for the first time.
- Check out video of this interview with Neil Innes.
- Hear Innes’ tribute to “All You Need Is Love.”
- Check out the neo-classical shredding that blew Kirk Hammett’s mind. 1978, folks!
- Dig Thin Lizzy playing “Warriors,” complete with Brian Robertson’s wah solo.
- The classic, Strangers in the Night version of “Mother Mary.”
Cover Story: Steve Miller
- Go inside the making of Bingo! with the Space Cowboy himself.
- Hear Miller and Paul McCartney on “My Dark Hour.”
- Get news, tour dates, photos, music, and all things Miller.
Jazz: Martin Taylor
- Taylor discusses the Martin Taylor Guitar Academy.
- Take a free video lesson in fingerstyle jazz guitar on the GP site.
- Watch Taylor jamming with David Grisman and Ricky Skaggs.
Rock: Coheed & Cambria
- Claudio Sanchez talks guitar, music, and sports in this video interview.
- Watch Coheed & Cambria play “World of Lines” at Coachella 2010.
- Sanchez performs “Here We Are Juggernaut” unplugged at Newbury Comics 4/12/10.
Blues: Jimmie Vaughan
- Groove to Jimmie and Stevie Ray Vaughan playing “Pipeline” together on a doubleneck.
- Watch Vaughan and the Fabulous T-Birds play “What I Say” with SRV sitting in.
- See Vaughan throw down live in New York in early 2010.
Acoustic: Tony McManus
- Watch McManus demonstrate how to play “The Seagull” in D, A, A, E, A, E.
- See how McManus uses his thumb to play triplets.
- Dig McManus’ extraordinary arrangement of Mingus’ “Goodbye Porkpie Hat.”
Roots: Richard Bennett
- See Bennett backing David Peterson on “I’ll Break Out Again Tonight.”
- Watch Bennett tracking “Boom Like That” in the studio with Mark Knopfler.
- Explore all things Bennett at richardbennett.com
Prog: Steve Hillage
- See System 7 rave on at the Glade Festival in 2005.
- Watch the Steve Hillage Band rock Rockpalast in Germany in 1977.
- Hillage goes glissando in this excerpt from Live at the Gong Family Unconventional Gathering.
10 Things You Gotta Do To Play Like Brian Setzer
- Rock this, or any other, town with Setzer’s first big hit, Daddy-O!
- Keep up with all things Setzer! Go man, go!
- Dig the Brian Setzer Orchestra’s arrangement of “Stray Cat Strut.”
Back to School: Mitch Holder’s Harmonized Octaves
Joe Bonamassa on Minor Blues Soloing
- See Bonamassa demonstrate these soulful licks.
- Watch Bonamassa play his minor blues “The Great Flood.”
Hey Jazz Guy
- Visit the Jazz Guy online for video of this lesson, practice examples, sage advice, and more!
- Watch Hertzog use power chords on a Dave Brubeck classic.
Roundup: 10 New Stompboxes!
- See how the Amptweaker TightDrive fared at the Gem City Tonefest in Dayton, Ohio.
- Hear the Soundblox Pro Multi-wave Distortion in action.
- See how Source Audio created sounds for the Soundblox pedals.
- See DigiTech’s Matt Calder demo the JamMan Solo at GP headquarters.
- Find out more about the Cry Baby JC95 wah.
- Watch Electro-Harmonix’s in-house demo of the Ring Thing.
- Sample some sound clips of the Odelya Overdrive.
- Get a dose of Prescription Electronics’ Supernatural Germanium.
- Hear what the Pro Co folks said about the Whiteface Rat at Winter NAMM 2010.
- Check out this Keyboard magazine demo of the Ventilator.
- Learn more about the WD30 series.
- Comment! Did this review nail it or blow it? Be heard in the GP Forum.