RedPlateAmps is in production with the CDS2 (Chuck D’Aloia Signature Version 2), the latest in their line of signature series amps. Measuring only 17" X 17" X 8.5" and weighing around 36 pounds, the amp has an incredibly small footprint with a sound so large and spatial it must be heard to be believed. The CDS2 is a pedal friendly platform that gives the player the ability to switch between the legendary clean tones of a blackface-style preamp or the touch sensitive break up of a 50’s tweed preamp. The flexible overdrive section can be set for anything from British crunch to smooth endless sustain and an all-tube fully buffered effects loop is perfect for your time based effects. Like all RedPlate Models, the CDS2 is handmade in the USA.
• 6-way Mode switch sets midrange Q for everything from a scooped “country” tone to a full on fat “fusion” tone
• 3-Way Bright Switch
• Tone Stack Bypass – Turn the Bass knob all the way counter-clockwise and remove the whole tone stack from the circuit to get a “guitar-straight-to-volume-and-master” path that is raw and powerful
• Tube Serial Effects Loop – Most useful effects loop out there – adds to the tone even when no external effects are used
• Blackface, overdrive and tweed channel switching via front panel or 3-button foot switch. Foot switch uses a standard midi cable for easy replacement
• Presence control (on rear panel) for maximum headroom at loud volumes. Can be bypassed for more “tube-y goodness”
Voltage: available in 100V, 120V, 220-230V versions
Power (Watts): 40w/18w
Controls: Blackface - Volume, Treble, Middle, Bass, Mode.- Master, Presence.
Overdrive - Gain, Drive, Level. - Tweed Volume, Tweed Tone.
Configuration: Combo 1x12", Head
Speaker Description: Celestion Vintage 30
Impedance: 4, 8 ohms
Power Tubes: 6L6/6V6
Pre-Amp Tubes: 12ax7
MSRP - $2,299 head $2,499 combo