The deadline for submission is Tuesday, April 19, 2005.
- Submit a high quality cassette tape or CD recording of your work. Your cassette or CD cannot exceed 3 songs or 15 minutes in length. Entries with vocals will be disqualified.
- Do not introduce yourself vocally on your cassette or CD.
- Accompaniment is acceptable, but only individual entrants will be accepted, not bands.
- Original compositions are encouraged, but cover songs will also be accepted. Please identify the writer(s) or band associated with each song on your tape or CD.
- Include a brief, one-page biography and a black and white publicity photograph for use if you are selected as a finalist.
- Non-refundable Registration fee of $25 ($40 CDN). Checks should be made payable to: WNED Guitar Competition.
- Completed Application Form (download from link at right)
Panels comprised of music educators, musicians and industry representatives will conduct blind tape/CD judging culminating in a chance for five finalists to compete on Monday, June 20, 2005 at 7:30 pm at the University at Buffalo’s Center for the Arts before music industry judges and a live audience.
- 1st Place: $1,500 Cash & Gibson Guitar
- 2nd Place: $1,000 Cash &Gibson Guitar
- 3rd Place: $500 Cash & Gibson Guitar
- 4th Place: Gibson Guitar
- 5th Place: Gibson Guitar
For more information, check out www.guitarcompetition.org.