Ibanez SZ guitars are one of Ibanez's most recent models having been introduced in 2004. However, they are now one of Ibanez's star performers. The basic SZ offers the tried-and-true combination of a mahogany body with two humbucking pickups; however, the guitars feature a 25.1" scale neck for better articulation and a tighter feel than the traditional 24 3/4" scale found on most mahogany/two humbucker guitars.
In addition to the two limited edition finishes of Transparent Purple and Transparent Green, the guitars are also available in regular editions in Blackberry, Bright Blue, and Gold Amber Burst finishes.
- Available Finishes - TP Transparent Purple
- TGR - Transparent Green
- Body Material - Mahogany with Quilted Maple Top
- Neck Material - 3pc Mahogany
- Neck Scale/Type - 25.1/SZ Set-in
- No. Frets/Type - 22/Medium
- Fingerboard - Bound Rosewood
- Inlay - SZ Special on 12th fret
- Bridge - Gibraltar III
- H/W Color - Nickel
- Neck Pickup - Duncan/Ibanez Humbucker w/Alnico magnet
- Bridge Pickup - Duncan/Ibanez Humbucker w/ceramic magnet
- Controls - Two volume/ one tone/ one pickup selector
For more information, visit their web site at www.ibanez.com.