The Model 302 was created as an audiophile FireWire interface offering multiple analog and digital I/O plus on-board DSP. Intended to handle both studio and location work, it can be powered via the FireWire bus, battery, or an external power supply.
- 2 balanced analog inputs, 1/4" TRS & XLR
- 2 balanced analog outputs, 1/4" TRS, switchable -10 or +4 dBu
- 2 balanced analog monitor outputs, 1/4" TRS
- Stereo balanced analog send & return, 1/4" TRS
- 2 channels of mic preamplification w/ switchable phantom power
- High quality headphone output, 1/4" TRS
- 24 bit A/D converters, 110 dB dynamic range
- 24 bit D/A converters, 120 dB dynamic range
- 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96 kHz sampling rates
- AES/EBU 24 bit/96 kHz bidirectional audio I/O
- Low jitter Word Clock I/O, 1x or 256x "SuperClock" on BNC
- Stereo digital input, AES/EBU or S/PDIF selectable
- Switchable asynchronous sample rate conversion on input
- Stereo digital output, simultaneous AES/EBU & S/PDIF
- 4 simultaneous inputs, 6 simultaneous outputs
- Dual FireWire 400 (IEEE 1394a) host connectors -- bus, mains or battery powered
- Fully supports Core Audio for all Mac OS X applications
- Hardware DSP
- Light weight & portable
- Rack mount kit hardware included
The Model 302 is also the first in a series of FireWire PCM I/O hardware from Sonic Studio. The Model 303, 304 and 305 will provide 8 channels of I/O plus additional DSP resources and analog I/O.
For more information, visit their web site at www.sonicstudio.com.