Don’t miss your chance to hang with stars and professional musicians, see the latest gear, participate in panel discussions, attend master classes and attend impromptu music performances. The event also includes a concert at the Roseland Ballroom honoring the legendary Les Paul!
Also, come to MPL! to get a broader knowledge base on everything from tips on songwriting from Lisa Loeb, to a live Q&A session with Grammy® winner Jon Brion and EQ’s Editor In Chief Eugene Robinson, to a scorching performance by Paul Green’s School of Rock All-Stars—who recently draw standing ovations from Germany’s Zappanale Festival, and you’ll even be able to catch Paul Green giving a tip or two.
Buy tickets before September 30th and receive a 3-day pass for $35!!!
To register now and take advantage of the Early Bird Special, please go to www.musicplayerlive.com now!
Music Player Live! Seminars
The educational tracks of MPL! are designed to excite and intrigue newcomers, move beginners to the next level of expertise, thrill intermediate players with real-world technical tips, and inspire experts with high-level sessions from stars and studio musicians.
The Guitar Player Room
- All-Star Guitar Licks by GP Associate Editor Jude Gold
- Frets Presents Lisa Loeb on Songwriting
- Live Q&A with guitar fusion-blues guru Robben Ford
- BOSS Presents a Seminar on the BOSS GT-8/RC-20XL and the Roland GR-20 Guitar Synth by Noted Tour and Studio Musician Robert Marcello
- A Smacking Up Your Chops Seminar by Eric Krasno (Soulive)
- Live Q&A with Jazz Legend & Session Ace Larry Carlton.
- Live Q&A with Sonic Renegade Adrian Belew
The Bass Player Room
- Bahkiti Kumalo: Where's One?: Exploring African Rhythms
- Practicing Bass Improvisation with Bruce Gertz
- Grooving Through Jazz with Gerald Veasley
- Live Q&A Jazz Concepts with Ron Carter
- Live Q&A with Metal Master David Ellefson
- Ric Fierbracci: How to Play Jazz Fusion like the Pros
The EQ Room
- Making Music That Doesn’t Suck with Pepper’s Ghost
- Achieve Exploitation & Surround Re-Versioning for Film & Video, Presented by Adobe & The Recording Academy®'s Producers &Engineers Wing
- Re-Versioning for the Future, Presented by Adobe Featuring The Recording Academy®'s Producer & Engineer Wing
- Q&A Live with Grammy® winning producer/artist Jon Brion and Eugene Robinson
- Mixing for Maximum Stun with Grammy®-Winning Engineer Jimmy Douglass (The Neptunes)
The Keyboard Room
- Francis Preve on Power Tools for Apple GarageBand
- Tom Brislin: How to Build Chops
- ROLAND PRESENTS SCOTT TIBBS: Master synthesist/sound designer Scott Tibbs showcases Roland's latest technology in a live performance setting.
- BT Remixes Live
- M-Audio Presents: Jeff Rona on Hi-Tech Scoring for Film & TV
- Peter Kirn: Mixing Live Video and Roland Keyboards
The Drum Room
- Sandy Gennaro (Joan Jett, Cyndi Lauper) Beginner's Clinic
- Guy Licata and John Davis Hip/Hop, Jungle, Drum 'N Bass Clinic
- Mecca Bodega Alternative Percussion Ensemble
- Shawn Pelton of Saturday Night Live
- ROLAND PRESENTS: JOHNNY RABB World-renowned drummer Johnny Rabb ignites MusicPlayer Live with the Roland V-Stage Series TD-12S and SPD-S Sampling Pad.
The School of Rock Room
The world-renowned School of Rock will offer beginner immersion classes throughout the event, as well as concerts (with guest stars!) by the School of Rock All-Stars.
Don’t wait any longer! Sign up today! www.musicplayerlive.com.