The Monorail incorporates fundamental features pioneered by Evidence Audio that allow signal transmission with minimal degradation. It is designed to pass audio with as little change as possible for an honest presentation of associated equipment. A few of the features of The Monorail Cable are:
- Compact size-- For use in tight spaces
- Solid Core primary conductor -- Eliminates the electromagnetic effects of strand interaction, resulting in dynamic bass response and focused midrange
- IGL™ (Increased Grain Linearity) Copper -- Overcomes distortions caused by copper impurities and allows high frequencies to be extended while still smooth and musical
- Spiral shield with perfect conductor geometry -- Minimizes strand interaction on the ground path relative to braided shields which can collapse dimensionality
- 98% Shield coverage -- Outstanding noise rejection in any environment
The Monorail is not recommended for use as an instrument cable; the Melody, Lyric and Lyric HG are better suited for that application. The Monorail is best suited for fixed installations where the cable will not be moved and the priority is great sound in a small package. The Monorail will be available through most Evidence Audio dealers starting November 2007.