In the program, titled "New Dimensions for Bass," Doug himself teaches the basic rudiments that make-up his unique sound and style -- his personal warm ups, right hand variations, dynamics, false harmonics, and his famous "Flamenco Slap." You'll learn how to construct bass lines for any style of music and his techniques for using effects that will make your Bass sound like a keyboard, guitar, drums or even a DJ.
Doug Wimbish's career spans more than 20 years as an innovator, collaborator and explorer of a multitude of music genres including Rap, Hip-Hop, Rock, Metal, Funk, Jam, Disco and Dance. In this program he reveals the secrets that make him a versatile and sought after bass player. Familiar names on Doug's resume include: Living Colour, Madonna, Rolling Stones, Joe Satriani, Jeff Beck, Anne Lennox and Mick Jagger, to name just a few.
On the interactive lesson support web site Students can:
- "Ask the Teacher" questions
- Visit the "Forums" to share ideas with other students from around the world
- Download "Backing Tracks" to play along with
- "Take a Quiz" that will be graded to track progress
- Get "Tips and Tools" that will help them along the way
- Access "Sheet Music" from a constantly growing list of songs in an easy-to-read tablature format
- Use "MP3s" to post original compositions
- Download FREE "Tuner" and "Metronome" software
For more information, visit their web site at www.rockhousemethod.com.