The HarmonyMan is the world's first guitar pedal that can produce multi-part guitar harmonies on guitar solos by analyzing the chords users were playing before the solo. Players can simply perform favorite songs as they know them, and then hit the harmony footswitch at the start of a solo to render amazing multi-part guitar harmonies.
The HarmonyMan employs the same patented musIQTM technology as the DigiTech Vocalist® family of products. This powerful technology accurately creates multi-part harmony by analyzing guitar chords. There is no tedious programming or knowledge of complicated music theory needed.
The HarmonyMan offers a number of enhanced, convenient and intuitive features. In addition to three-part guitar harmonies generated with no complex programming, the HarmonyMan's feature set includes: - Intelligent Pitch Shifting, based on a groundbreaking new signal processing technology, giving players ultra clean, low-latency harmonies based on one of four user-friendly shifting modes.
- Unique Key Display, showing the key that the HarmonyMan is currently using for harmonization. When musIQ is enabled, the display will update dynamically in response to the playing. A musically intelligent "Circle of Fifths" layout puts musically related keys (sharing the most notes) beside each other.
- Independently Selectable Voicings for each harmony, with a wide variety of options, including two intelligent shifting modes, unison/detune, octave up/down, straight chromatic shifts from -12 to +12 semitones, as well as 2 octaves down.
- Strum Key, allowing players to easily set the key of a song by simply strumming chords (perfect for songs that start with a solo).
- musIQ Sidechain Input/Thru, which lets a second guitar be the chord recognition source while the Clean Input Guitar signal is shifted to produce harmonies - perfect for bands with both a lead and rhythm guitar player.
- Voice Memory, allowing players to pre-configure and store up to four different harmony voicings and step through them with the memory advance footswitch.
- Pre-Harmony Distortion Loop, which lets players place a distortion stompbox before the harmony effect without affecting chord recognition of the Clean Input signal.
- Built-in Guitar Tuner
- Mix Control, programmable control of the mix between the lead and harmony signals.
- 1/4" guitar input with distortion send and return, 1/4" guitar optional Sidechain input and pass-through and guitar ground lift
- Balanced Stereo 1/4" outputs
- Rugged roadworthy all-metal chassis
- Power supply included The HarmonyMan Intelligent Pitch Shifter will be available May 2008 for an MSRP of $449.95. About musIQTM Harmony Technology
musIQTM is a revolutionary technology that eliminates the need to enter key and scale information as it listens to the notes/chords played on a guitar and makes sure that the harmony fits with the music. Real-time processing discerns the individual notes and key signatures that are played to automatically generate appropriate harmonies that complement the song. musIQ is a trademark of 3dB Research® Ltd.
The Harman Pro Group (www.harmanpro.com).