Get news and post comments at www.facebook.com/guitarplayermag.
Follow daily tweets at
Debate, shock, educate, and share with fellow readers at www.guitarplayer.com.
- Enjoy this spirited Baked Potato jam featuring Michael Landau.
- Catch Cuming’s video for “Always Remember Me,” with backup vocals from Sara “Love Song” Bareilles.
- Get Ry Cuming news, tour dates, music, and more.
- Watch excerpts from Rhodes' solo live performance.
- Remind yourself of what a great player Will Ray is with this jam with Jerry Donahue.
- See and hear an H-88 in action.
- Check out Josh Zee’s crazy countrified chromaticism on this live Mother Truckers cut.
- Dig the raucous and rollicking official video for the Mother Truckers’ “Dynamite.”
- Watch Andy Johns talk about some famous sessions in this Shure Behind the Glass video.
- Read Barry Cleveland’s September 2006 GP feature interview with Rypdal.
- Dig Gilbert’s guitariffic version of “Light My Fire.”
- Check out an insane live solo with Gilbert and Billy Sheehan in Japan.
Cover Story: Dweezil Zappa
- Watch ZPZ play “The Little House I Used to Live In” in 2010.
- DZ references “Layla” on this extended solo live with ZPZ in 2010.
- Experience the DZ cornucopia that is Dweezil Zappa World.
Metal: Zakk Wylde
- Hear Wylde’s crushing “Crazy Horse” riff.
- Zakk dishes out an unbelievably heavy version of “No More Tears” with Ozzy.
- Catch the Black Label Berzerkus when it destroys your town.
Pop: James Valentine
- Valentine rocks a Tele on “The Sun” with Maroon 5 in 2008.
- Watch Maroon 5 play "This Love” at the Grammys.
- Valentine gets his Nile Rodgers on live on “Makes Me Wonder.”
Rock: Robby Krieger
- Dig Krieger’s fuzzed out solo on this live version of “When the Music’s Over” from 1969.
- Watch Krieger fingerpick the flamenco-inspired “Spanish Caravan” live in 1969.
- Check out the $8,224 Inspired By Robby Krieger SG.
Prog: Greg Lake
- See ELP perform “Lucky Man” with at the High Voltage Festival in 2010.
- Lake plays “Still You Turn Me On” in this solo performance from 1974.
- Watch this December 1970 ELP performance of “The Sage” at the Lyceum in London.
Acoustic: Toulouse Engelhardt
- Listen to tracks from Engelhardt’s recordings on his MySpace page.
- Learn more about all things Engelhardt on his new Website.
Jazz: Eivind Aarset
- See Eivind Aarset & The Sonic Codex Orchestra play “Electromagnetic."
- Dig Aarset supporting Nils Petter Molvaer in 1998.
- Watch Aarset performing with Jon Hassell in 2009.
Blues: Wilson T. King
- See King perform “Vigilante Man” at his debut gig.
- Watch King demonstrate his Marshall JCM800 into a Fatso tone.
- Hear tracks from Follow Your First Mind on King’s MySpace page.
10 Things You Gotta Do To Play Like Steve Winwood
- See an impossibly young Winwood in this early Spencer Davis Group footage.
- Hear Winwood’s beautiful lines in “Pearly Queen” from this Traffic reunion gig.
- Check out Winwood and Clapton (with a great band) trade off on “Can’t Find My Way Home.”
Matthias Jabs Interprets Hendrix's "All Along the Watchtower"
Hey Jazz Guy
- Visit the Jazz Guy online for video of this lesson, practice examples, sage advice, and more.
- Come for the knowledge, stay for the great playing in this Jazz Guy video.
Roundup! Five Low-Wattage Tube Amps
- Get the story and watch a live demo of the Dr. Z Monza.
- Watch Bruce Egnater demonstrate the Tweaker.
- Here’s some video of Paul Allen demoing the Mesa/Boogie TransAtlantic.
- For more info on the TransAtlantic visitthe Mesa Boogie site.
- Victoria president Mark Baier demonstrates the Ivy League combo.
- Check out all the great stuff 65 Amps has to offer.
- Dig 65 Amps President Dan Boul’s demo of the Tupelo.
Rocktron Velocity power amp
Apple Logic Pro 9 and Apogee GiO
- Get the Logic story direct from Apple.
- Watch GiO video tips.
- Read Keyboard's complete review of Logic Studio.