In response to the popularity of our recently released 290 DC S (double cutaway, single P90 pickup), we are now offering the single Dog Ear P90 pickup configuration to our original single cutaway 290 design.
We are truly amazed by what this single pickup guitar has to offer! It is capable of producing a vast array of tones; from pristine clean tones rich with harmonic complexity to hard-hitting vintage rock tones with enough focused growl to cut through any mix. Dial back the volume and tone, and you'll be surprised by the smooth, mellow tones that are available without ever getting muddy. Who needs multi-channel amps and effects pedals? This instrument will put tone back in the hands of the player.
Select features of the new 290 S model include:
• Original single cutaway body shape
• Single Lollar Dog Ear P90 pickup (wound 5% over)
• Optional Collings custom wraparound bridge (made from a special alloy)
• Single volume and tone control. No pickup selector switch
• Elegant new pickguard design
• New '59 Faded Crimson finish option (available to all 290 models)
• Extra long neck tenon
• Optional tortoise pickguard and truss rod cover
• Nitrocellulose lacquer finish
• Custom body contours
Please visit www.collingsguitars.com for more information