Ready to throw your hat in the ring with guitarist Chris Poland (of OHM:, Megadeth, Damn The Machine, Lamb of God, fame)? Here's your chance to win some of the same gear Chris used on Circus of Sound, OHM:'s brand new studio release, in stores everywhere on August 26, 2008 on Tone Center Records. Grand prize winner will wail on a Yamaha Pacifica guitar, through a pair of Eminence Man O' War speakers. First prize winner walks away with an Ernie Ball 250k volume pedal. All winners, including five runners-up, gets a copy of Circus of Sound. This is no carny game—you can seriously win!
Yamaha Pacifica Series PAC112V Double-Cutaway Electric Guitar – signed by Chris!
- Solid Alder Body
- Rosewood Fingerboard
- Maple Bolt-on Neck
- Vintage 6-Hole Tremolo with Block Saddles
- 2X Single Coil Pickups, 1X AlnicoV Humbucker
- 5-Position Pickup Switch with Coil Tap Function
- Master Volume, Master Tone Controls
- Metal 'Dome' Knobs
- 3-ply Pick-Guard
- Color: silver
- Value: $449.99
Eminence Man O War 12" British Guitar Speakers (2)
The Man O War is distinctly British. It's loud, responsive, and articulate in every register. The tone is chunky and solid with an emphasis on the midrange and top end. It is slow to break up, but will lend a nice compressed vintage British tone that is smooth and pleasing when driven hard. Ideal for both closed and open back cabinets. 8 ohms/120 watts.
Value: $169.98 ($84.99 ea.)
OHM: Circus Of Sound CD
Formidable progressive rock/fusion trio OHM; featuring former Megadeth guitarist Chris Poland deliver and incredible set of instrumental tunes reminiscent at times of "King Crimson" and the "Mahavishnu Orchestra."
Ernie Ball 250k Volume Pedal
Best suited for use with passive instruments the Ernie Ball 250k Volume Pedal provides a smooth consistent swell. The pedal also features a micro-switch which gives you the option to alter the sweep of the pedal.
Copy of Circus of Sound
5 RUNNERS-UP each get a copy of Circus of Sound.
Circus of Sound artwork by Kate Hargraves and layout by Donny Sarian.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
- To enter: You may enter online atwww.guitarplayer.com beginning approximately July 31, 2008. Entries must be received by September 30, 2008. Enter as often as once per day. Only one entry per day will be eligible. Entries in excess of one per web site per day, automated entries of any kind, and computer-generated script entries will not be eligible and are void. The sponsor of this game is NewBay Media, LLC (“Sponsor”), and such Sponsor is not responsible for typographical errors in any sweepstakes-related materials, late, lost, or misdirected transmissions or transactions that are lost, fail to be entered into the processing system or are processed or transmitted late.
- Sweepstakes Drawing: The winners will be drawn at random on or about November 1, 2008. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received. Your purchase of a product or service from the Sponsor or the prize manufacturers will not increase your chances of winning a prize.
- Eligibility: Game is open to all legal residents of the United States and Canada (other than the residents of Puerto Rico and the province of Quebec), except for the employees and immediate family (spouses and parents, siblings, children and each of their spouses) of Sponsor, the prize manufacturers, and each of their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, and any other company involved with the design, production, execution or distribution of the sweepstakes drawings. In order to win a prize, residents of Canada will be required to answer correctly a time limited mathematical skill testing question to be administered via telephone.
- Release: Winner releases the Sponsor, the prize manufacturers, and each of their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, and employees from any responsibility or liability in connection with any loss, accident, or death incurred in connection with the use of the prizes won in the giveaway. The winner hereby consents to the use of his or her name and/or likeness by the Sponsor for advertising purposes without additional compensation unless prohibited by law. The verified prize winner and/or prize winner’s parent or legal guardian will be required to sign and return to Sponsor, within ten days of receipt, an Affidavit of Eligibility and a Publicity/Liability Release unless prohibited by law. Failure to comply may result in disqualification and the selection of an alternate winner. All prizes for the game are donated by third parties. The game is not meant to convey any endorsement of any product or service, nor does a third party’s donation of any prize have any influence on Sponsor’s editorial coverage.
- Taxes: Any tax liabilities are solely the responsibility of the winner and the winner will be required to provide his or her social security number or tax payer identification number for tax purposes. All federal, state, local, municipal, and provincial laws and regulations apply.
- General: By entering this giveaway, you expressly agree and consent to Sponsor sharing your email address with (i) Yamaha Corporation of America (“Yamaha"), Eminence Speaker LLC ("Eminence"), Ernie Ball Inc. ("Ernie Ball"), and The Shrapnel Label Group ("Shrapnel Records"); and (ii) Yamaha, Eminence, Ernie Ball, and Shrapnel Records sending you email notices, announcements, promotions and offers regarding their goods and services. If you do not agree and consent to any of these rules, terms and conditions, you are not permitted to enter this giveaway. Sponsor shall be deemed sole interpreter of the rules and conditions. By participating, entrants acknowledge and agree to be bound by these rules and that the decisions of the Sponsor are final. Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law. Prize components are not exchangeable, transferable or redeemable for cash. Prices shown are estimated retail prices, and actual prices may vary. SPONSOR DOES NOT MAKE AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY WARRANTIES (INCLUDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE) OR ANY GUARANTEE WITH REGARDS TO ANY PRIZE OR PORTION THEREOF. All sweepstakes entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. In the event of unavailability of stated prize(s) or component(s) thereof, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute item(s) of comparable value. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate or suspend the Internet portion of this giveaway should virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the giveaway. In such cases, Sponsor reserves the right to select the winner from mail-in entries only.
- Winner’s List: To obtain the name of the prize winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Winner”, Music Player Network / The System of a Sound Giveaway, 1111 Bayhill Drive, Suite 125, San Bruno, CA 94066, USA, by May 1, 2009.