Chafin Custom Guitars, known for its hand made instruments, is now offering a production version of the Volante model, the Volante Custom.
The Custom is a double cutaway semi-hollow guitar that features a 5 piece maple/walnut set neck. The "C" shaped neck has a 24 fret Rosewood fingerboard with real Mother of Pearl block inlays. All of the Customs have a Quilt or Flame Maple top with matching headstock. It is loaded with Chafin's Classic Tone Alnico 5 humbuckers and they can be coil tapped by pulling on the volume and tone controls. This, with its unique construction, allows a wide variety of tonal combinations.
Other special features are a TonePros bridge and tailpiece, Grover mini tuning machines and multi-ply binding.
Features and specifications:
- Quilt and Flame Maple top with matching headstock
- 5 Piece Maple/Walnut neck, "C" shaped
- Set neck construction
- Rosewood fingerboard
- Scale length 24 5/8, fingerboard radius 12"
- 24 frets, nickel-silver, medium gauge
- Real Mother of Pearl block inlays
- TonePros locking bridge and tailpiece
- Mini Grover tuning machines
- 2 Classic Tone humbuckers with Alnico 5 magnets
- Push/pull volume and tone pots for coil tapping
- Nut width is 1 11/16ths
- Basswood body, with a 4" center-block inside
- 2 1/2" body thickness, body width 13 1/2", total guitar length 39"
- Multi-ply binding
- Gold and Chrome hardware
- Colors are: Burnt Orange, Honeyburst, Trans Blue, Black Cherryburst and Natural
- Other colors will be added soon
For more information, visit their web site at www.chafincustom.com.