Echopark Guitars has revealed the Model “J” to the already stunning line of handmade, made in the U.S. guitars. The Model “J” exemplifies some of the most forgotten, yet sonically inspiring, details in feel and electronics, wood selections, mechanical components and classic design aesthetic.
The complex sonic treasures found within the Arcane Inc. USA/Echopark designed "Gold Coil"/JMaster pickup, combined with the brilliantly crafted Mastery offset M1 bridge and "JM" style Mastery MV Vibrato, serve to inspire the deepest part of any artist's soul.
From the tones, styles, and overall funkiness found in Sixties Japanese Teisco Del Rey guitars to some of the mid-Fifties prototypes by Southern California's modern guitar pioneers and further back to the early Fifties Valco catalog, have all been the consistent muse of luthier Gabriel Currie and his constant guiding light on the journey toward creating his self-described “modern vintage” instruments.
“The Echopark Model 'J' is the actualization of all my quirky and left of center muses thrown to the walls," Currie says.
The eclectics in all of us may just discover some new voices to guide us along our path to creation. The possibilities have proven to be endless.
•Swamp ash body 1 ¾" Vintage JM spec
• 1957 Deep body Contours
• 2.25 Degree compensated neck pitch
• 1pc. Rock maple neck Standard
• 1959 C profile standard
• Slab Indian rosewood fretboard12"
• Jescar fret wire 10850
• ¼”Dot markers
• Bone nut
• Kluson 'single line' tuners/white or nickel button
• Masterey offset M1 Bridge with machined cups
• Masterey MV Vibrato tailpiece
• Arcane inc. USA/Echopark Custom specGold
• Coil'/JMaster Pickup set
• Custom taper CTS 250k
• Standard 2 master volume control or Master volume/Master tone with paper in oil tone cap .033
• 3way Switchcraft toggle
• Vintage cloth wire
• Black 'witch hat' control knobs
• Standard .085 Aluminum, 3 ply tortoise, cream, 3 ply black, mint or pearloid pickguards available
• Limited Custom Options include: neck sizes, fretboard timbers, old stock neck timbers, vintage tone cap's only
• G&G USA custom case
• Custom 'period correct' aging available
• High Gloss Custom Nitro Lacquer – Model "J" ONLY
Available colors include
● Lake Placid Blue Metallic
● Blonde wash
● Sonic Blue
● Daphne blue
● Shoreline Gold Metallic
● Olympic White
● Midnight Black
● Ocean Turquoise Metallic
● Surf wash
● Inca Silver Metallic
● Candy Apple Red Metallic
● Dakota Red
● Fiesta Red
● Champagne mist metallic
● Valco copper metallic
The Echopark Model “J”: Street price of $4,550