Austin luthier Teye puts the Flying V in a different dimension with his new Gypsy Arrow guitar.
The flamenco- and rock-guitarist has wondered for decades how he could improve upon the concept of the V. He found his answer with the Gypsy Arrow.
Featuring a beautiful design, spectacular construction and innovative but passive electronics, the Gypsy Arrow is being produced in an initial limited edition of 25 guitars.
The Limited 2015 Edition Gypsy Arrow has a korina body, a 25 1/2–inch scale, and an ebony fingerboard inlaid with mother-of-pearl. All come in Teye’s trademark “Shipwreck” hand-rubbed oil-finish and feature his brand-new Mojo circuitry and Master Series design tuner keys, switch tip and volume knobs.
• Body wood: select Korina, with Padauk or Maple insert
• Neck wood: select Korina
• Fingerboard: bound Ebony with Mother of Pearl Teye-inlay in three versions
• Scale length: 25.5”
• Nut width: 1.75”
• Aluminum plates: Acid etched, Teye’s A-series styled artwork
• Bridge: proprietary Teye SuperSustain-bridge
• Tailpiece: proprietary Teye SuperSustain-tailpiece
• Tuners: Grover Super Rotomatic Imperials
• Pick-ups: Two Custom-wound Jason Lollar
• Electronics: Teye’s New Electronics: two Volume; Master Tone; Master MOJO filter circuit
• Control knobs: proprietary Teye knobs and switch tip, as well as tuner pegs
• Finish: Teye’s hand-rubbed Luthier’s oil finish with Shipwreck
• Case: SKB Flying V case
The Gypsy Arrow has a minimum advertised price of $4,950.
Contact: Evert Wilbrink, firstname.lastname@example.org, (615) 866 0846
Founded by guitarist Teye and music business veteran Evert Wilbrink, the Gypsy Guitar Corporation (a.k.a. Teye Guitars) crafts high-end guitars with striking cosmetics and unsurpassed dynamics and sustain. Teye launched at NAMM 2014 and has had success with his Coyote and Super Coyote models. He will be launching more new models shortly and is in the process of overhauling and improving all previous models.
For more information, visit Teye Guitars.