New for 2015, the PureSalem Gordo combines quality construction and components with off-kilter styling that recalls the vintage age of rock and roll.
From the company: “Our new 2015 models come equipped with quality hardware and upgraded electronics such as Bigsby & Vibrola style vibratos, Grover Tuners, Vintage cloth wiring, carved headstock, new PS logo and our own Custom Wound ‘Jimmy, Mendiola and Pumpkin’ pickups.”
PureSalem Guitars are already being embraced by known and established artists, including the Flaming Lips, the Black Angels, Lady Gaga and Toni Braxton.
The Gordo’s features include:
- Mahogany body (semihollow with center block )
- Mahogany neck with binding and block inlays
- Rosewood fretboard
- 24 3/4 scale length
- 42.75 nut width
- 2 1/16 string spacing
- Modern C-shape neck/satin finish
- 12-inch radius
- Grover tuners
- Bigsby B5 vibrato (left-handed model has a stop tailpiece)
- Roller bridge
- Custom-wound P90 in neck and bridge positions
- Vintage-style cloth wiring
- 3-way toggle with two volumes and master tone
- Medium jumbo frets
- Dual truss rod
- Finishes: Gold Top and Tobacco Burst (shown above)
All PureSalem Guitars are sold direct through PureSalem’s web site and select dealers. All models are available in left-handed versions for no additional charge.
RETAIL PRICE: $1,058
For more information or to order, visit PureSalem.