The Private Stock team at Paul Reed Smith Guitars is gearing up to celebrate 20 years of designing and building high-quality, customized electric and acoustic guitars in 2016, and as part of the new year’s lineup, Private Stock is introducing the new Singlecut Archtop model.
Made with some of the finest tonewoods available, the Private Stock Singlecut Archtop model delivers tone, playability, and elegance to pro-level players and collectors alike. By combining tried and true design with original thinking, Private Stock has taken the spruce top archtop guitar and built on the PRS acoustic design platform to create a robustly built instrument with exceptional resonance, tone, and articulation.
Paul Reed Smith introduces the guitar:
Learn about the electronics & controls, and hear what this beautiful guitar can do:
The Private Stock Archtop has a 3.171” deep body. As with PRS acoustics, the back and sides of the Archtop are “locked down” while the Sitka spruce top is left to vibrate freely. The top’s integral, parallel bracing further supports the instrument’s build integrity and resonance; while the guitar’s Private Stock aluminum bronze bridge with brass saddles and solid ebony tailpiece further support the instrument’s woody depth and richness without sacrificing articulation.
“Exquisite tonewoods and impeccable craftsmanship are the hallmark of Private Stock,” says PRS President, Jack Higginbotham. “With the Singlecut Archtop, the team has captured the essence of these traditional instruments while really showcasing their attention to detail and skilled artistry.”
Other specifications include:
- Spruce top with integral bracing
- Curly maple back, mahogany sides
- 22-fret 25” scale length curly maple neck
- Ebony fingerboard with solid mother of pearl birds with paua heart center and green ripple abalone and paua heart vine
- Ebony headstock veneer with Private Stock Eagle inlay
- Mother of pearl purfling on the fingerboard
- Headstock veneer
- Truss rod cover
- Phase III locking tuners with ebony buttons
- Private Stock aluminum bronze Archtop bridge with brass saddles and solid ebony tailpiece
- Hybrid hardware
- 12-56 strings with wound “G,” high-gloss nitro finish
- Private Stock hardshell leather case
For more information about the Private Stock Archtop, please visit the PRS website at www.prsguitars.com.