Audio-Technica announces three new model of headphones:
Audio-Technica introduces new flagship ATH-M70x
ATH-M70x Professional Monitor Headphones, the new flagship model in A-T’s acclaimed M-Series line of headphones. Designed specifically to bring out added detail in the mix, the ATH-M70x professional monitor headphones feature proprietary 45 mm large-aperture drivers with rare earth magnets and copper-clad aluminum wire voice coils and are tuned to accurately reproduce extreme low and high frequencies (5 to 40,000 Hz) while maintaining perfect balance.
Featuring rugged, metal design, they are ideal for studio mixing and tracking, FOH, DJ use, personal listening, mastering, post production and audio forensics.
Crafted for lasting durability with a collapsible, space-saving design, the headphones are equipped with 90° swiveling earcups for easy, one-ear monitoring. Maximum power input is 2,000 mW, meaning very low distortion at even high volumes. Professional-grade earpads and headband provide excellent durability and comfort, and detach for easy replacement.
The headphones’ circumaural design contours around the ears for excellent sound isolation in loud environments. They come standard with three interchangeable cables (1.2 m - 3.0 m coiled cable, 3.0 m straight cable and 1.2 m straight cable) and a hard carrying case.
• Type: Closed-back dynamic
• Driver Diameter: 45 mm
• Magnet: Neodymium
• Voice Coil: CCAW (Copper-clad aluminum wire)
• Frequency Response: 5 - 40,000 Hz
• Maximum Input Power: 2,000 mW at 1 kHz
• Sensitivity: 97 dB
• Impedance: 35 ohms
• Weight: 280 g (9.9 oz), without cable and connector
• Cable: Interchangeable cables: detachable 1.2 m - 3.0 m (3.9' - 9.8') coiled cable, detachable 3.0 m (9.8') straight cable and detachable 1.2 m (3.9') straight cable
• Accessories Included: Carrying case, 6.3 mm (1/4") screw-on adapter
ATH-R70x Professional Open-Back Reference Headphones
The ATH-R70x is Audio-Technica’s first professional open-back reference headphone, joining the new ATH-M70x in A-T’s flagship professional headphone lineup. Featuring Audio-Technica’s comfortable, self-adjusting 3D Wing Support Headband Design that adapts to automatically fit any wearer with no need for adjustment, the R70x also has breathable fabric ear-pads, providing prolonged comfort for continuous use in professional environments. The proprietary driver unit, specially designed for the R70x, is the culmination of over 40 years of headphone design and manufacturing experience.
The ATH-R70x employs high-efficiency magnets and a pure alloy magnetic circuit design, reducing distortion and ensuring accurate and extended high frequency response. Use of its carbon composite resin improves structural rigidity to provide detailed transient response. The headphones’ acoustically transparent aluminum honeycomb mesh housing provides a natural and spacious open-back sound. The ATH-R70x’s feather-light weight (approx. 210 g w/o cable), combined with robust construction, is perfectly suited for professional use. It also features a unique dual-sided detachable locking cable that is L/R signal-independent, always ensuring proper stereo orientation.
• Driver: 45 mm
• Frequency Response: 5-40,000 Hz
• Maximum Input Power; 1,000 mW
• Sensitivity: 98dB at 1 kHz
• Impedance: 470 ohms
The ATH-R70x will ship in March 2015 with a U.S. MSRP of $489.00. For more information, please visit www.audio-technica.com.
ATH-M50xDG Limited-Edition Dark Green ModelProfessional Monitor Headphones
The limited-edition dark green iteration of A-T’s popular ATH-M50x and part of A-T’s remastered M-Series line of headphones features 45 mm large-aperture drivers and sound isolating earcups. The ATH-M50x provides an unmatched experience for the most critical audio applications, including recording, broadcast, DJ, live sound and personal listening.
The headphones incorporate technology drawn from Audio-Technica’s long history in the field of high-performance professional audio, providing exceptional power handling, very high SPL capability, and natural, accurate sound with impactful bass and high-frequency extension. With professional-grade earpad and headband material and a collapsible design, the ATH-M50x headphones remain comfortable throughout long monitoring sessions and transport easily.
• Proprietary 45 mm large-aperture drivers with rare earth magnets and copper-clad aluminum wire voice coils
• Exceptional clarity throughout an extended frequency range, with deep, accurate bass response
• Circumaural design contours around the ears for excellent sound isolation in loud environments
• 90-degree swiveling earcups for easy, one-ear monitoring
• Professional-grade earpad and headband material delivers more durability and comfort for extended wear
• Collapsible for space-saving portability and convenient storage
• Top choice for studio tracking and mixing, as well as live sound, DJ monitoring and personal listening
• Detachable cables (includes a 1.2m-3m coiled cable, 3m straight cable and 1.2m straight cable)
Audio-Technica’s new limited edition ATH-M50xDG will be available in March 2015 at $259.00 U.S. MSRP. They join the currently available ATH-M50x models in black (ATH-M50x), white (ATH-M50xWH) at $239.00 U.S. MSRP.
For more information, please visit www.audio-technica.com.