The most current model of the Option 5 pedal that started it all back in 2001 is here. The official unveiling will take place at NAMM in Anaheim, CA on Thursday, January 22, 2015.
The newest version of the Destination Overdrive II will be the second Option 5 pedal to step away from a vinyl graphic.
The Destination Overdrive II:
- Offers up transparent, smooth amp-like tones at all settings
- Has varying drive amounts from a slight clipping with sweet harmonic content to smooth blues and classic tight rock, all the way up to heavy metal with a clean finish
- Offers amazing clarity, note separation, tight bottom-end
- Is touch sensitive, so picking dynamics are handled well
- Cleans up when the volume control on the guitar is rolled back
- The classic “Tone Stack” Bass, Mid and High controls round out this pedal with even more tone shaping
- Works well in conjunction with other pedals
- Transparent, blooming, clean finish overdrive – useful for ANY genre of music
- Amazing headroom due to 9VDC being cranked up to 18VDC internally
- Three band “Tone Stack” EQ
- True bypass and hand crafted in the USA
The Destination Overdrive II is priced at $199.95 and can be purchased through many fine dealers worldwide. Shipping to dealers begins in February.
More info can be found at www.option5fx.com or by calling toll free at 888.653.9733.