Another Amptweaker Pro pedal, the TightFuzz Pro is built from the popular TightFuzz distortion pedal. As with the standard sized version, there are many tonal options available thanks to the Germanium/Silicon switch, Smooth Edge switch, and '60s/'70s tone tone switch. The 3-band EQ helps make this one of the most flexible fuzztones available, and Amptweaker's Tight control really makes a difference in controlling the attack of the fuzz. There's even an auto-bias feature built into the Fuzz control, which allows the knob to control from the cleanest to the nastiest distortions with one control.
One of the important differences between the TightFuzz Pro and most 'reissue' fuzz boxes is that with the addition of the Tight control in front of the fuzz circuit, the input of the fuzz circuit is effectively buffered from the guitar....but in a compensated way. A common problem with the original fuzz designs is that circuits with low output impedances like those in overdrive pedals and wah pedals, or the output of active pickups, can completely change the bias and gain structure. The result is often an odd sound or squeals, unusual feedback etc.
The buffering in the TightFuzz Pro actually simulates the impedance of a guitar, so that the fuzz circuit works in the normal way it's intended, and any low impedance circuit CAN be used in the loop or in front of the pedal.
Watch the demo:
• Dual Lit Boost controls via Boost footswitch
• 3 Band EQ, w/ Smooth Edge to help tame the fuzz
• '60s/'70s tone switch and Germanium/Silicon transistor switch for different gain and tones
• 3 effects loops....Universal, Boost with Pre/Post switches, and the SideTrak loop that works when the pedal is OFF! Patch in clean effects
• Fuzz control automatically adjusts bias for more range and better clean tones
• Amptweaker exclusive Tight control adjusts attack and helps tame the fuzz
• Noise Gate switch, with internal adjustment
• Octave switch adds Octave-Up effect to Boost FTSW
• Internal More Fuzz switch for low output pickups
• LED lit knobs when using a power supply
• True Bypass switching - with special input circuitry, works great with active pickups or wah pedals in front
• Battery disconnect switch with red indicator
• Runs on 9V to 18V batteries or supplies–9V sounds heavier, more compressed, while 18V is more open and less distorted
• Current: 22mA with 1 or 2-9V batteries, 24mA with 9V adapter, 28mA with 18V adapter (adapters add knob LEDs....internal switch disconnects 1-9V battery clip
• DC Adapter jack, standard 2.1mm X 5.5mm, center ground(-)
• Magnetic Battery access door opens w/o tools
• Weight: 3 pounds, Dimensions: 5.625"W X 5"D X 2.125"H
• Handmade in the USA
• 5 Year Limited Warranty
Find out more here.