Catalinbread is proud to introduce the new Katzenkönig distortion pedal.
The Katzenkönig combines the best elements of a Tone Bender MkII fuzz and a Rat distortion. The circuit is all-discrete, using a trio of silicon transistors in a modified Tone Bender MkII arrangement with the output section of a Rat, including its clipping section, filter, and output buffer.
The result is a pedal that we tuned to offer a huge range of response - from a really beautiful singing tone, to tight, harmonically-rich crunch, all the way to fuzz mayhem.
Watch the demo:
- Blended qualities of a Rat distortion and Tone Bender MkII Fuzz
- Sings like a great fuzz, but rhythms remain tight like a great distortion
- Filter, Gain, Volume, and Input controls
- Hand-made in Portland, Oregon
- Accepts standard 9V, 18V center-negative power and batteries
The Katzenkönig is now shipping, and available to all Catalinbread dealers and distributors worldwide. Visit the website to learn more.