BC Audio recently released the Octal-Plex Series, a family of guitar amps based on Plexi circuits that have been adapted for octal (8-pin) preamp tubes and built with true point-to-point construction. There are a menu of circuit variations and options – like Bass Spec, footswitchable Gain Boost, Volume Boost, Effects Loop and more.
The octal preamp tubes produce a thicker, bigger sound than 12AX7s, with a more power tube-like crunch. The true point-to-point wiring gives the amp more clarity and detail.
- 100% All-Tube Signal Path
- True Point-to-Point Wiring
- Custom Heavy 16ga Powder Coated Steel Chassis
- American-made Paper Bobbin/Paper Layer Wound Transformers
- Stainless Steel Hardware
- Tube Rectifier (JTX45, JTX50)
- Impedance Selector for 4, 8 or 16 Ohms
For more information, please visit here.