The new recorder is capable of audio recording at up to 192kHz/24-bit, and even features Sony's DSD format – the basis for audiophile Super Audio CDs – as an available recording format. It records for over 5 hours of CD-quality audio to DVD+RW for capturing performances or meetings. The DV-RA1000 can also operate as a professional CD recorder, recording standard audio CDs for studio or meeting room installations.
"Until now, recording high-resolution DSD audio has cost over ten thousand dollars," reports Jim Bailey, Product Manager for TASCAM. "The DV-RA1000 drops this cost over 80%, making stereo audiophile recording attainable for anyone. It records to standard, affordable DVD+RW discs for high resolution audio or to CD media for recording standard audio CDs. For the price that professional CD recorders sold for in the past, studios and installations can enjoy the best digital sound quality possible with current technology."
The TASCAM DV-RA1000 features digital recording formats from CD audio resolution all the way up to 192kHz/24-bit and DSD recording – the formats used by DVD Audio and Super Audio CD. This rackmount stereo recorder features a user-friendly design on the front panel and professional connections on the back. Its professional I/O includes balanced XLR connections, AES/EBU and SDIF-3, and it records standard CD-DA, WAVE and DSDIFF files to CD and DVD discs. Advanced features like a USB 2.0 connector, RS-232 serial control and multiband compression and EQ establish the DV-RA1000 as the new standard for stereo audio recorders.
Other features include:
- High-quality stereo audio recording at up 192kHz/24-bit or DSD format
- Records to DVD+RW, CD-R/RW media
- Multiband compression and 3-band EQ mixdown effects
- USB 2.0 connection to Mac & PC for use as DVD data drive
- Records high resolution audio files to UDF formatted media for Mac & PC compatibility
- Balanced XLR and unbalanced RCA inputs and outputs
- Balanced AES/EBU inputs and outputs, running at normal, double-speed and double-wire formats
- SDIF-3 DSD input and output for external conversion and processing of DSD audio
- Word Sync In, Out, Thru
- RS-232C serial control
- PS/2 keyboard connector for title editing
- User-definable function keys
- Large, backlit LCD display
- Records to standard CD-DA, Broadcast Wave and DSDIFF formats
- Dedicated input level control and adjustable maximum output level
- ±6% pitch control
- Fade in/out
- Power on play feature
- Various play and record modes such as auto track increment, auto cue, auto ready, single/continuous play and program A/B play.
- Wired remote control (RC-RA1000) included
- Headphone output