Tascam DR-05 Hi-Res Handheld Recorder
April 26, 2011
TASCAM has launched the DR-05, a new portable recorder with high-resolution audio quality that’s simple to use.
The stereo recorder features a pair of condenser microphones with sensitivity up to 125dB SPL and low noise, designed to capture every detail and dynamic of a performance. The design of the DR-05 is optimized for sound quality, from the dedicated power supply for the codec to bring out the full spec of the A/D and D/A converter to the separate analog & digital circuit boards and low impedance circuit design with noise resistance in its compact case. The DR-05 records to microSD or microSDHC media, recording in MP3 or WAV (BWF) file format at up to 96kHz/24-bit resolution.
The new DR-05‘s great-sounding recordings are easy to operate. The Peak reduction function sets the optimum recording level even in recording to avoid the over level. Quick Menu selects commonly used parameters in playback or record like auto level setting or limiting, while deeper settings are available through a full-featured setup menu. The 1/8” mic/line input can supply power for microphones. A Level Align function prevents uneven volume levels during playback through the 1/8” headphone output or built-in speaker. Variable-Speed Audition – which changes playback speed without affecting pitch – and looping are also available during playback for transcription or learning new music. 17.5 hours of longer battery life at 44.1kHz/16-bit, WAV (BWF) is long enough for any recording situation.
For recording live music, band rehearsals, classes or simply sharing your music with the world, TASCAM’s DR-05 is an unbeatable value.
• Handheld Portable Recorder
• Built-in Stereo Condenser Omnidirectional Microphones with sensitivity up to 125dB SPL
• Up to 96kHz/24-bit WAV (BWF) linear PCM recording
• Stereo MP3 recording from 32-320 kbps bit rate
• Peak Reduction function, optimized for music recording, automatically sets the gain of while recording
• Limiter and low-cut filter to help prevent distortion
• Automatic or manual level setting
• Self timer recording starts recording 5 or 10 sec. after pressing the record button for waiting until you are ready
• Auto and manual track increment
• Variable speed playback (50%-150%) without changing the pitch
• Loop and repeat playback
• Level Align feature prevents uneven volume levels during playback
• Playback EQ setting
• Editing function (Divide and delete)
• Up to 99 mark points on each file
• Chromatic tuner
• 1/8" stereo mic/line input
• USB 2.0 port for transfer to PC and external power
• Up to 2-second pre recording buffer
• Jump back function returns to previous point with one action (1-10, 20, 30 sec.)
• 1/8" headphone/line output
• Built-in speaker
• microSD (64MB – 2GB)/microSDHC (4GB – 32GB) card slot (2GB card included)
• Powered by 2 AA batteries, AC adapter (optional: PS-P515U), or USB bus power
• Tripod socket hole