Rock Hard Funk Drum Loop Library Released
October 10, 2005
"With this latest addition to the Beta Monkey collection of drum loops and samples, we've included the kinds of grooves and features that our users have requested over the past year. Plus, we've made this available for one of most affordable prices anyone could possibly find," said Beta Monkey Music Creative Director, Richard Rice. "We captured the grooves of several accomplished funk and rock drummers. We set them loose to a variety of different tempos and feels. We've recorded the beautiful sounds of a maple Drum Workshop recording kit and made sure to complement the 1000+ loops with a matching set of multi-velocity drum samples from the actual kit used in recording the loops. We then included a huge set of cymbal samples to allow writers even further flexibility in authentic drum track construction. We just think it's essential to provide all of this to help our users unlock the full potential of their music. We know they will quickly build funk rock tracks that feel right and sound great with this jam-packed toolbox of funked-up grooves - that's why we created it."
Rock Hard Funk Two-CD Set Features and Specifications:
For more information, visit their web site at www.betamonkeymusic.com.
- Blend of Funk and Rock/Funk Styles. Think Soul Coughing, G. Love and Special Sauce, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Jane's Addiction/Porno for Pyros and countless other "hard to categorize" bands. Rhythmic invention and exploration is the key here.
- Fully-Sampled Drum and Cymbal Samples. The sample kit section includes multi-velocity samples of all the drums and cymbals recorded. While most loop discs offer only a handful of single hits, you are given the entire kit with nearly 200 MB of samples. Build grooves from scratch or use them to augment any of the 1000+ loops.
- Rhythmic Realism. Looking for the metronomic monotony found on too many sample CD's? Let Rock Hard Funk show you what a live drummer can do - rolls, stick drags, cymbal flourishes - dynamics not possible on anything but a real kit with a real player.
- Cohesive Grooves and Sounds. All loops are taken from the SAME recording session (all grooves, fills, and samples are sonically-matched). Every loop found on both CD's will work seamlessly with any other loop in the collection according to the company.
- Recorded in a World-Class Recording Studio, home to numerous platinum and GRAMMY Award Winning albums.
- Stats: 1006 (980 MB) original, license-free 16/44 "acidized" .wav format drum loops and samples. 237 (172 MB) multi-velocity drum and cymbal samples. Apple Loops and REX2 formats available November 15, 2005.