Featuring the company's "Reconstructive Phrase Modeling" (RPM), now Mac users can also benefit from the expressivity and ease of use of Synful Orchestra. Synthesis is accomplished by selecting short phrase fragments from a database of idiomatic recorded instrumental phrases. The fragments, often corresponding to transitions between notes, are morphed in pitch and time and spliced together in real-time to form the synthesizer output.
Phrases are stored and synthesized using a proprietary additive synthesis format that not only facilitates flexible morphing and splicing but also greatly reduces the size of the database compared to traditional sampling. The entire Synful Orchestra fits in just 32M of memory.
For more information, visit their web site at www.synful.com.
- Smart articulation for realistic staccato, legato, portamento, and accents
- Synful Orchestra instruments include Piccolo, Flute, Oboe, English Horn, Clarinet, Bass Clarinet, Bassoon, French Horn, Trumpet, Trombone, Tuba, Violin, Viola, Cello, Contrabass
- Note transition modeling, intelligent phrase fragment search and splice, additive synthesis, infinite note extend without loops
- AU, VST and DXi plugins included
- Entire orchestra fits in 32M of memory
- 80-150 real-time voices on Windows P4 1.5 GHz
- 70-140 real-time voices on Mac G4 PowerBook 1.5 GHz. Easily uses Dual Processors on the Dual G5 for more voices
- Runs on MAC OSX 10.2.8 or higher, and Windows 2000,XP
- Reconstructive Phrase Modeling controls include Harmonic Tilt, Harmonic Parity, Transient Noise Trim, Sustain Noise Trim, Gain, Tune, Pitch Wheel Range, Delay for Expression, Synful Pitch Wheel mode for realistic portamento and pitch slide effects
- Natural timbral vibrato controlled with Mod Wheel
- Simple standard MIDI usage