The Model 302 was created as an audiophile FireWire interface offering multiple analog and digital I/O plus on-board DSP. Intended to handle both studio and location work, it can be powered via the FireWire bus, battery, or an external power supply.
The Model 302 is also the first in a series of FireWire PCM I/O hardware from Sonic Studio. The Model 303, 304 and 305 will provide 8 channels of I/O plus additional DSP resources and analog I/O.
- 2 balanced analog inputs, 1/4" TRS & XLR
- 2 balanced analog outputs, 1/4" TRS, switchable -10 or +4 dBu
- 2 balanced analog monitor outputs, 1/4" TRS
- Stereo balanced analog send & return, 1/4" TRS
- 2 channels of mic preamplification w/ switchable phantom power
- High quality headphone output, 1/4" TRS
- 24 bit A/D converters, 110 dB dynamic range
- 24 bit D/A converters, 120 dB dynamic range
- 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96 kHz sampling rates
- AES/EBU 24 bit/96 kHz bidirectional audio I/O
- Low jitter Word Clock I/O, 1x or 256x "SuperClock" on BNC
- Stereo digital input, AES/EBU or S/PDIF selectable
- Switchable asynchronous sample rate conversion on input
- Stereo digital output, simultaneous AES/EBU & S/PDIF
- 4 simultaneous inputs, 6 simultaneous outputs
- Dual FireWire 400 (IEEE 1394a) host connectors -- bus, mains or battery powered
- Fully supports Core Audio for all Mac OS X applications
- Hardware DSP
- Light weight & portable
- Rack mount kit hardware included
For more information, visit their web site at www.sonicstudio.com.