Iron Maiden Wins Best Metal Performance Grammy for 39El Dorado39
February 14, 2011
Iron Maiden was honored with a Grammy in the "Best Metal Performance" category in the pre-telecast ceremony at the 53rd annual Grammy Awards at the Staples Center in Los Angeles. Iron Maiden was nominated for the track "El Dorado", from the band's 2010 album The Final Frontier.
The nominees in this year's "Metal" category were as follows:
* Iron Maiden - "El Dorado" (from The Final Frontier)
* Korn - "Let The Guilt Go" (from Korn III: Remember Who You Are)
* Lamb of God - "In Your Words" (from Wrath)
* Megadeth - "Sudden Death" (from Guitar Hero: Warriors Of Rock)
* Slayer - "World Painted Blood" (from World Painted Blood)
Material released between September 1, 2009 and September 30, 2010 (a 13-month period) is eligible for the 2011 Grammys.
The nominees were announced on December 1, 2010 during the "The Grammy Nominations Concert Live!! — Countdown To Music Biggest Night". The announcement special was hosted by rap legend LL Cool J, a two-time Grammy award winner who is also producer of the Grammy nominations concert.